Windows 10 Factory Reset the Most Thorough?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a big issue with my windows time being wrong, I have about 4 threads to try and help me and nobody could come up with anything that worked so let's not focus on that, I'm going to try and restart the computer fully in hope to make it go away, the problem is that I have already done a factory reset a few months ago and it didn't fix the time issue so what I'm asking is that if there are ways to make sure that everything gets reset, something even more thorough that doesn't damage anything, or is the factory reset the most effective thing to do?

Reaction score
Absolute~

The only other thing I could suggest other that the advice that was already given to you is doing a FULL FRESH formatting.. NON OEM install of Windows 10 .. which can be done either via USB drive OR CD/DVD rom ... OR and in place upgrade /reinstall via windows 10 upgrade tool .. YES i have done this each and every way that is possible and YES it CAN be done..

Down side of doing such:
You WILL lose ALL programs and ALL files (hopefully you have back ups) that are OEM (computer manufacturer) related software regarding your computer.

You WILL have to reinstall any programs and restore any file after doing such.

Plus side(s):
MANY of the programs that come on a OEM system are just "bloat " and really NOT necessary and if you DO need them you CAN get them again either from the OEM or an alternate free legal version...

Reformatting/restoring with a NON OEM version of Windows clears up A LOT of hard drive space due to the lack of "bloat" that the OEM's tend to put there .. and IF a piece of software is cause in the time issue that you are experiencing .. then doing such will/should alleviate the issue..

After you have a FRESH install of windows .. (non OEM ) you can then add programs as you see fit or need and see if MAYBE .. one of them is causing the "time jump" issue..

Hope that helps some what.
~LoneWolf

Reaction score
Absolute~

ACTUALLY ...

There is a BIG difference between doing a Factory (OEM) reset and doing a NON oem (from Microsoft direct) format and install of Windows ..

Factory reset:
You are using the partition on the hard drive that is dedicated to/for that OEM reinstall which takes up space on your hard drive ..

In turn you are reinstalling the OEM BASED software from that to reset your windows installation back to what your OEM wants ..

MS media Format and re install :

Formats Hard Drive COMPLELTY and installs Windows as if it was on a fresh (non oem adulterated ) hard drive .. there by bypassing ALL of the OEM "garbage" that would normally be installed .. again most of which is not entirely necessary any way ..

Reaction score
Ok, yeah the other person was talking about the same thing, I will get to it right away, Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Absolute~

Yes that site is correct for the info they are giving you ..

KEEP in mind ..AGAIN .. when you do a FULL windows format/restoration you WILL lose all your programs and files ....

You WILL want to format the drive COMPLETELY . to avoid any of the "bloat" the OEM may ( will ) put on there .......

you will want to get rid of ALL partitions and just install whats known as a "vanilla" version of WIn 10

Reaction score
The battery idea was the last post on his other thread, to which he did not continue. Not the best plan to start yet another thread with the same problem

Reaction score
A reinstall of Windows 10 doesn't delete all your software and apps if you tick the [ ] not to do so. I have carried out this procedure a few times and never lost any of my files.

Reaction score
still if he has reset the time from taksbar and it continues to be wrong. (the most logical would be a Bad Bios Battery) and instead of all the updates, upgrades, clean installs, none will fix if the Battery is Bad.

Ask a Question