Windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Reaction score
My desktop is Dell Inspiron 3647. I have reset my desktop and select keep my file. However, after the reset my computer is unable to restart, and it showed Window cannot restart correctly.

I tried to reset again and try to solve it with the advanced options, however I still unable to restart my computer.

Can anyone help me. Please. Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have reset my desktop and select keep my file. However, after the reset my computer is unable to restart
Sounds bad. What if anything does your computer do now after shutting it completely down and restarting?
What do you see on the screen, if anything?
Had it been running Windows 10 for a while?
Was this a result of upgrading from a previous version of Windows?
Was this a result of updating an installed version of Windows 10?
Do you have a backup of all your critical data?
Is there anything of consequence on the computer?
Why did you "reset" your desktop?

Reaction score
Hi, Trouble. This is a desktop I purchased 5 months ago.

I did not do any upgrading or major change to the computer, however suddenly my window 10 home button, store icon and MS Edge icon at task bar are not working. I have tried scan virus using Mcafee (buy version) and Bitdefender (free version), however it showed no virus. I also try to other troubleshoot but it is not working.

So I decided to reset my computer and now stuck at restart loop. I am very worry about my data now, because I did not backup data. I tried advanced options, recovery mode and all options available, but all not working. When I shut down and on my computer again, it show the same interface "system cannot restart correctly".

Last edited:

Ask a Question