SOLVED Windows 10 Home Ver 1809 to 1909 install failed

Reaction score
I have tried to install feature update 1903 and now 1909 and both have failed. I tried everything for 1903 and finally gave up but now 1909 is showing up and it also says my version 1809 is nearing end of service.
I have read numerous posts and tried everything. This includes:
- Ran Windows update trouble shooter. Said it fixed an issue with Windows Update
- Ran SFC (sfc /scannow) as Admin and it found 2 corruptions
- Ran DSIM (dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth) and it fixed 2 issues. I then reran SFC and it fixed the 2 corruptions this time
- Verified services (BITS, Update, Workstation, Windows Medic) were automatic and running
- Stopped Windows update service and deleted downloaded files and the store (C:\windows\softwaredistribution\datastore and ..\download. Rebooted and redid windows update and download of 1909
The error I find in the logs the latest time was 0x8024200d. Which is need another download. The download went fine to 100%. I even quit the VPN and stop the antivirus. The install runs and gets to some percent hard to know what it is but its at least 64%

I saw that a similar post helped a person but they had a GPO and registry issues. So I cant assume that fix will work for me. Help would be appreciated as I don't want to keep trying this as I have a monthly cap on my internet data. As well doing an ISO install would be a last resort.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It worked the last time I tried it. So either redoing all of the above items finally corrected it or there was a problem with the download. I hope this information helps someone else.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us informed as to your eventual success.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question