SOLVED Windows 10 Install DVD

Reaction score
I have three PC's, all had Windows 7 Pro and networked. I upgraded all of them to 10 with no difficulty at all. I hate to sound stupid but I can't figure out if I need to create individual Windows 10 re-install DVD's for each individual PC or if just one will work on all of them? I.e., If I wanted to do a full format and reinstall Windows from the ground up on one of the PC's would a single Windows installation DVD work on any of them?

Of the three, one is used for flight simulation. For various reasons I am considering doing a full format, re-installation of Windows 10 and re-install the flight simulator, utilities etc. hence the above question.

Also I am confused about the registration key. Would I have to use the registration keys found on the MS website or would my Microsoft Account handle that when I re-install Windows from the ground up on one of the PC's?

Any guidance is sincerely appreciated.

John

Reaction score
1. One bootable DVD will work for all 3.

2. MS does not use product key like the way it used to anymore.
As long as your computer is upgraded and activated, you can reinstall Windows as many times as you want. Activation will be automatic. You won't be asked for a product key during reinstall.

reinstall after upgraded.jpg

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It all depends on 2 things....windows version and bit type. So far you have 1 of the 2, they all have 7 Pro.

Reaction score
1. One bootable DVD will work for all 3.

2. MS does not use product key like the way it used to anymore.
As long as your computer is upgraded and activated, you can reinstall Windows as many times as you want. Activation will be automatic. You won't be asked for a product key during reinstall.

View attachment 792
Thanks so much for the guidance. That clears up a lot of things for me.

Reaction score
It all depends on 2 things....windows version and bit type. So far you have 1 of the 2, they all have 7 Pro.
You are right of course. I should have said in the original post that all three are Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Thanks for nudging me.

Reaction score
You are welcome.
Just to elaborate, I was assuming that all your 3 Win 7 have the same bit version.
If so, then one DVD is enough.

Ask a Question