WINDOWS 10. MALWARE INFECTION?

Reaction score
Hi, I have found that my Windows 10 has become almost unusable.
It was okay. But now It boots up but many apps are unusable when clicked. I cannot get to Defender, for example. When I tried to reset windows 10 , it would only allow me the keep apps and files option. I reset it using this and lost 3rd party apps but I still cannot access basic functions like off, on and restart. I have to shut off via the physical on off switch.

I'm wondering if it's a virus or some files have become corrupt? When I insert an external hdd, it asks me what I want to do with it but does not register my request.

I cannot access troubleshoot or defender. I'm wondering what to do? Access to the Internet is almost impossible. I have to use various f keys but to little effect. I feel that I really need a MALWARE scan but am unable to access this. What a mess! Anyone out there able to help please?

Reaction score
Thank you, however, while I can get into safe mode, with some difficulty, I can't do a virus scan. I have done a hardware scan and send and it seems ok. I managed to get security to indicate that all was in order. The main problem is the lack of response to common commands. Jim

Ask a Question