Windows 10 on other laptop

Reaction score
I have successfully downloaded Windows 10 on one laptop but wonder how I can get it for my second Windows 8 small laptop.
I clicked the Windows icon to reserve it on both laptops but as I use the same email address for both will it consider it as just one laptop and not let me upgrade on the other one can you only have it for one computer The Windows 10 reserve icon has now disappeared from both laptops

Reaction score
MS states that Win 10 can be installed on many machines and I have successfully installed it on two Win 7 machines. Chas.

Reaction score
MS states that Win 10 can be installed on many machines and I have successfully installed it on two Win 7 machines. Chas.
So did you get two messages to download it at different times or did you get it to do both computers at the same time. I only got the message when I had reason to do a system recovery and after it had completed that the message to install Windows 10 came up but I have not had any others since

Reaction score
but as I use the same email address for both will it consider it as just one laptop and not let me upgrade on the other one can you only have it for one computer The Windows 10 reserve icon has now disappeared from both laptops

No. W10 is free to any one who has W7 or W8 regardless how many computers you have. Microsoft announced the upgrade process could take several weeks to push out W10 to the estimated 1 billion eligible systems out there. W10 is huge and so many computers are getting it so they have to spread it out over time to avoid hogging Internet bandwidth.

I have several systems here and only some have upgraded, others are still waiting. The W10 icon comes and goes. If you have reserved it for each machine, don't worry it will happen eventually. Just stay on top of Windows Updates.

Alternatively, if you just cannot wait, you can follow the instructions here to create your own W10 upgrade installation disk.

Reaction score
No. W10 is free to any one who has W7 or W8 regardless how many computers you have. Microsoft announced the upgrade process could take several weeks to push out W10 to the estimated 1 billion eligible systems out there. W10 is huge and so many computers are getting it so they have to spread it out over time to avoid hogging Internet bandwidth.

I have several systems here and only some have upgraded, others are still waiting. The W10 icon comes and goes. If you have reserved it for each machine, don't worry it will happen eventually. Just stay on top of Windows Updates.

Alternatively, if you just cannot wait, you can follow the instructions here to create your own W10 upgrade installation disk.
Thank you

Reaction score
So did you get two messages to download it at different times or did you get it to do both computers at the same time. I only got the message when I had reason to do a system recovery and after it had completed that the message to install Windows 10 came up but I have not had any others since
No I had already downloaded the upgrade to a USB Flash and did both upgrades with this

Ask a Question