Windows 10 Password Box not appearing

Reaction score
I am using an HP 4525s. On start up the computer does not open the password box. There are three boxes in the bottom left (Connect to internet, Ease of use, and power). I have tried holding down shift while doing restart but it has no effect outside of the normal restart.

When I go into Automatic Repair a screen comes up that says "Choose your keyboard layout.' I am stuck. No hard-wired mouse or usb mouse is working.

I have tried f8 and <shift> f8 on start up and it is not taking me into any kind of troubleshooting or safe mode.

I can not get into my computer. HELP!

Reaction score
I have the similar problem. Every time I need to restart my computer and then I can login.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As a test, can you right click the Start Button and choose "Power Options" from the context menu.
In the power options window on the left side column click the link "Choose what the power buttons do"
In that window, click the link near the top that says "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Uncheck the box that says "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
Click the "Save changes" button.

See if that has any impact on the issue.

Reaction score
As a test, can you right click the Start Button and choose "Power Options" from the context menu.
In the power options window on the left side column click the link "Choose what the power buttons do"
In that window, click the link near the top that says "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Uncheck the box that says "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
Click the "Save changes" button.

See if that has any impact on the issue.

Nothing... if I right click it just gives me the option to shutdown. :/
This is driving me crazy.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, I was under the impression that after a restart that you could actually get into your computer.
Can you confirm that you have no other peripheral devices connected to your computer with the exception of a wired USB keyboard and mouse and a monitor.
No wireless dongles at all and no USB printers.

Ask a Question