SOLVED Windows 10 says printer unavailable

Reaction score
Window 10 tells me today that the driver for my HP printer (default) is unavailable..I don't know why as printer is working okay otherwise, and computer and printer have been compatible for the last six months.

Last edited:
Reaction score
***edit***
I thought I wrote a reply to give a possible answer. I did not say solved...mlt 03-27-2016

I've had the same issues with my HP. What I have done is
A) Turn printer off on a regular basis and then back on when needed or right then. Turning off seems to reset it
B) Once I found that there were updates for the printer, download and worked fine for a long time.
SO...
When I have the issue again I'll first check driver updates

mlt

Reaction score
***edit***
I thought I wrote a reply to give a possible answer. I did not say solved...mlt 03-27-2016

I've had the same issues with my HP. What I have done is
A) Turn printer off on a regular basis and then back on when needed or right then. Turning off seems to reset it
B) Once I found that there were updates for the printer, download and worked fine for a long time.
SO...
When I have the issue again I'll first check driver updates

mlt
Thank you for your input re this problem. I found that after some Windows 10 updates had been automatically downloaded that my HP Printer details had completely disappeared from off my Laptop... I went on to the HP site and installed printer details again and everything has been back to normal since then.

Ask a Question