Windows 10 Shutdown instead of Sleep

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I installed Windows 10 one week ago, but I still have issues with the sleep mode.
I configured the laptop, that whenever I close the lid or I use my function key the sleep mode is started.

Unfortunately the laptop is either not entering the sleep mode correctly or is not able to restore it. Which means when I open several programs they won't open again.

If have an ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LA:
Intel i3 4030
4 GB Ram
240 GB SSD

I tried the following so far:
  • BIOS Update to the newest version 203
  • Downgrade the Intel MEI driver to an older one
  • Reinstall the graphic and touchpad driver

Nothing of that was successful.
Does anybody have any idea?
Are there any logfiles to analyse?

Thanks in advance,
Julesy

Reaction score
Hi!

This is strange because the sleep function works again after I update the BIOS.

Here are what I have tried and didn't work:

- Selective startup: only boot essential features requried by windows and disable all other features
- Uninstall and reinstall my video driver: this includes Nvida driver and Intel video driver
- Play around with Windows Power Management setting: I tried the default plan as well as plays around with advanced settings

For your information, my laptop is Asus Zen Book Pro UX501 using intel core i7, ssd 128GB, adn 8 GB RAM

Reaction score
Hey dualeoo.

Thank you for your response. Apparently it was the Intel video card driver. I disabled the automatic windows device driver updates and installed all drivers by my own.
Always after the installation of the video card driver the sleep mode does not work. I tried the ASUS driver and the newest driver from the Intel page. Both didn't work.

Which driver worked for you? It might be only the Intel MEI but I am not sure.

Thanks,
Julian

Reaction score
Hi @julesy

Thanks for your reply.

For my cases, updating the driver does not help at all. I went to the support website of asus to download the latest driver for both the Intel graphic and NVIDA graphic card but none worked.

That's why I suggest you to update the BIOS because in my case it is because of the out-dated BIOS which is incompatible with Windows 10 sleep fuction that has caused the problem.

Best regards,

Minh V. Tran

Reaction score
Hey @dualeoo,

thanks for your prompt answer. I have already the newest BIOS for my device. That is my problem. Maybe I should call ASUS because of that. When I called the hotline last time, the guy told me, that it is obviously not a recent problem. Is there anybody with an ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LA and Windows 10?

Best,
Julian

Reaction score
@julesy
I guess in your case it might be due to a totally different reasons. In this case, I suggest you try every single known methods before bring the laptop to ASUS customer service centre for maintainence.

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I installed Windows 10 one week ago, but I still have issues with the sleep mode.
I configured the laptop, that whenever I close the lid or I use my function key the sleep mode is started.

Unfortunately the laptop is either not entering the sleep mode correctly or is not able to restore it. Which means when I open several programs they won't open again.

If have an ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LA:
Intel i3 4030
4 GB Ram
240 GB SSD

I tried the following so far:
  • BIOS Update to the newest version 203
  • Downgrade the Intel MEI driver to an older one
  • Reinstall the graphic and touchpad driver

Nothing of that was successful.
Does anybody have any idea?
Are there any logfiles to analyse?

Thanks in advance,
Julesy
Did you consider the fact that Intel chip sets suck ??? It took Intel 3 bios updates over a period of more than a year before original Intel motherboard could even handle USB ports in reasonably stable mode! For that matter AMD is no better in that department. Can't wait for MS coming out with Windows for Arm architecture. Will dump all my Intel based devices in a blink. Honestly not Intel not AMD have the b***s to license VIA to produce compatible chip sets. The moment they do their chip set and motherboard business would simply go down the drain.

Ask a Question