Windows 10 Upgrade 28092

Reaction score
When I try to install this upgrade, I get the message "Can't create files. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder". I think this happened before but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Alistair,

Welcome to the Forum!

The most common reason for the particular error message you are seeing, is that you are attempting to install an update that needs to access System Protected areas which requires the signed-in User running the update/installation to have Administrator privileges.

If your User account is a local account this will trigger that error, so you could choose to sign-in as Administrator instead if you have activated the built-in Administrator, or have created a separate Administrator account for yourself then do the update/install while using this account.

Re the 28092 upgrade I must note that this number does not seem correct. Could you double-check the exact details of the update you are having trouble with and post back that information please.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm an administrative user on this local account trying to do the latest 21H1 build update getting the same error.

Reaction score
The original query is about four years old.
the solution has probably changed.
I suggest you create a new thread

Ask a Question