SOLVED Windows 10 upgrade ... one computer works, the other doesn't

CHH

Reaction score
Two identical HP Pro 6300 Desktop computers both upgraded to Windows 10 at the same time. And both have run Office 365 for a few years. After the Windows 10 upgrade one computer works fine with Office 365, but the other computer does not. When either Outlook, Excel, Word and OneNote are opened they disappear the moment they appear on the screen ... blink! ... gone!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

CHH

Reaction score
I closed my pc this morning t go out. Switched on again when back and it goes blue screen with "Auto Repair" then "Diagnose pc" then " Windows couldn't load correctly" and options to "Restore to where it did work" or " Cancel".
Problem is that there is no mouse pointer arrow and punching Enter doesn't work either - so I am now dead in the water. This happens each time I have tried. This is the Australian FOC Windows 10 upgrade which is meant to be good compared with the Windows 10 Singapore version which I was advised NOT to down load for another year when I bought a new laptop. Any suggestions from those more experienced than myself ?

Reaction score
You might check to see if one version of the software is already running.

If it isn't, check to see if there is an option to repair the install, which was recommended.

I run Office 2013 and just got a message that I wasn't running the latest version.. Microsoft needs to keep it nose out of my business.

CHH

Reaction score
Call Microsoft Support and was advised to uninstall/install O-365. I did ... and to my surprise that fixed the issue. Don't know why ... but it did.

Ask a Question