Windows 10 will not shut down after Norton 360 scan!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
No matter what I do, I can not get this computer to shut down after the Norton 360 virus scan!!!! I had Norton look into it, and they said that it was fixed on my PC (through remote access), but every time I run the full or quick scan and tell it to shut down, it restarts!!! I F$#%(&G HATE WINDOWS 10. I am tempted to return to Windows 8. Any ideas on how to fix?

Bif

Reaction score
The first thing I would strongly suggest is uninstall everything Norton from your system and use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.Norton has always caused more problems than it has ever solved.Try this before writing Windows 10 off completely..

Reaction score
I agree with Biff. No need for anti virus as Defender and Firewall work fine. Coupled with Ccleaner and Malwarebytes my pc is always virus free and malware free. Plus Ccleaner is a great free tool to remove just about anything. I do have to pay for Malwarebytes but it is just $25 annually but my pc is never slowed down or damaged by malware.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Windows Defender, as it constantly scores low in detection rates. Anything is better than Norton's. I'd download their removal tool, and turn Defender on (I hope it's off while you have Norton's running), or download one of the good free anti virus programs.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I F$#%(&G HATE WINDOWS 10. I am tempted to return to Windows 8.
Since the OP hasn't returned to their thread I suspect that they just wanted to express their frustration.
I am tempted to return to Windows 8
I don't believe that I would let a third party Anti Virus product dictate my choice of an Operating System.
Any ideas on how to fix?
No. except removing Norton running their vendor specific proprietary removal tool from here https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us, AND....
Reboot, then attempt to download the latest version of the Norton Product and see if reinstalling provided any relief.
I had Norton look into it, and they said that it was fixed on my PC (through remote access),
Perhaps talk to them again and see why it is apparently not fixed.

Ask a Question