SOLVED Windows 10 wont display my desktop

Reaction score
I have an Acer 2 in 1 notebook for school and I was using Netflix but when I exited netflix to go to my desktop, it automatically opens to the Start Menu. Whenever i open chrome and exit, the desktop momentarily opens along with the icons bu quickly fades away before opening the damned Start menu again. I've tried setting a new restore point but it wont let me set one from before the problem started so I can't fix it. Any ideas?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Nashita,

It sounds like your Start Menu is in full screen mode.
  • If that is the case, in the top left corner of screen you will see three horizontal lines: Click that icon
  • Next further down towards the bottom left side of screen click on Settings
  • Next click Personalization then in the left-pane of window that opens click Start
  • Now in the main window (right-pane) look for Use Start menu full screen and move toggle to OFF

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks but it didn't work and Use Start Menu full screen was already turned off. I did notice that i have this skype app open that will not close regardless of what i do. Could that have affected my laptop or something?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Bottom right corner of screen, on the taskbar, click the Notification Icon and see if you can click Tablet Mode to toggle it on and off.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear and thanks for letting us know that you managed to resolved your issue.
It's usually one of those two.
The follow-up is much appreciated.

Ask a Question