SOLVED Windows 10 won't download- prompts "updates" window instead.

Reaction score
My CORE i3 4g RAM laptop won't even download the Windows 10 from the webpage. I am running the newest 64 bit 8.1. The compatibility test is all good, but when I try to download it starts then I get a popup window checking for updates, then a bunch of Windows 8 optional updates and no download- just the download box again in my Downloads folder that will do the same thing. It loaded on my Windows 7 desktop just fine. Ideas?

Reaction score
My CORE i3 4g RAM laptop won't even download the Windows 10 from the webpage. I am running the newest 64 bit 8.1. The compatibility test is all good, but when I try to download it starts then I get a popup window checking for updates, then a bunch of Windows 8 optional updates and no download- just the download box again in my Downloads folder that will do the same thing. It loaded on my Windows 7 desktop just fine. Ideas?
Windows 10 does this to many peole - you are not alone....
MS provides a program called MediaCreationTool
my link= https://mega.nz/#!dtMWhAhT!bRVsI4wzmhMPRNPXW5bGW-AVvKUCbYA9gncHcI81ZSE
or simply ask MS for the latest tool. then you can DL and make a perfect Installable version
either USB or DVD...

Ask a Question