SOLVED Windows 10 won't load

Reaction score
Hi all,

I tried to change a setting in misconfig for Windows 10 to normal start up mode instead of the 3Rd option which I originally was on(selective start up option) and now windows won't load because it can't find it.

How to I fix this? I want to put it back to selective start up mode but I can't as Windows won't load, stupid me!

Error coming up is a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error 0xc0000225

I don't have any recovery tools and I tried to press F8 for start up settings but nothing happens just shows blue screen. I can only access Uefi settings

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't have any recovery tools
You're going to need the installation media for your installed version of Windows 10
The installation media can be obtained through either of these two resources.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options, from where you should be able to use the "System Restore" utility to go back to a previous point in time prior to your having made the changes.

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks I tried this but didn't work

However I managed to get the answer on another forum and thought I'd post it here to help anyone out!

r

1-Boot with windows 10 CD/ windows cd

2-At the prompt to [install now] window - Press [Shift] + [F10] to go to a command prompt

3-

Type each command and press enter

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /rebuildbcd

exit

4-remove the CD and restart your pc and check if you can boot into your pc

Thanks

Ask a Question