Windows 7 was verified ok but windows 10 no go

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Lap Top I bought 2 1/2 years ago. It had windows 7 loaded and verified genuine when I up graded to 10 it said the copy was not genuine and enter in the product key. I did that from the label on the bottom and it said it is no good. Any one else have this problem ? BTW when I go back to windows 7 it shows the key as valid.

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Lap Top I bought 2 1/2 years ago. It had windows 7 loaded and verified genuine when I up graded to 10 it said the copy was not genuine and enter in the product key. I did that from the label on the bottom and it said it is no good. Any one else have this problem ? BTW when I go back to windows 7 it shows the key as valid.
Talked with Microsoft tech and she told me the problem will be solved with an soon to come update. . wait and see ???

Reaction score
some time in the last month it changed to activated and I now have a key code loaded in my system display and the activate windows water mark is gone. So They must have pushed a fix for this as I did nothing except call when the problem first occurred . Thank you Microsoft.

Reaction score
Yes, sometimes it takes a few hours to a few days before activation is commenced.

Just one fact for your future reference.
When you were asked for a product key, it was NOT asking for your Win 7 product key. It was asking for a Windows 10 product key which nobody has.

Why ask then ?
Don't know. Some users got asked for product key while majority of us don't.
If you do the upgrade the proper way, you were NOT supposed to be asked for a product key at all. Activation is supposed to be automatic.

Ask a Question