Windows app corrupted

Reaction score
I tried all things step by step utub that everyone on here said to try latest comment I believe was Jan 2017 by woohoo and no reply as I see Oh please help I have a deadline and can't use computer. It freezes up and keyboard don't work half the time. Going crazy over anything electronic

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Shantell,

Welcome to the Forum.

We'll need some more information from you to be able to help.
  • Is your computer a Desktop, Laptop?
  • What brand and model number is it? (e.g. HP p6795a).
    • If you are not sure, press your Windows key + R key together to open run dialog
    • In the run dialog type msinfo32 then click OK
    • In the window that opens you'll see the information as in sample image below:
Untitled.png

• Also in the run dialog could you type winver and click OK and let us know what Version and OS Build of Windows 10 you are currently on. For example: Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, (OS Build 15063.296)
  • You stated your keyboard will not work, and computer is freezing, but what did you mean by Windows app corrupted? Which app is corrupted? Are you getting a specific error telling you its corrupted?
  • Finally, what third party programs are you running on your computer?
    • Third party security programs? e.g. Malwarebytes, Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro etc
    • Third party picture viewers? e.g. Infran
    • Third party text readers? e.g. Adobe Acrobat reader, PDF Editor,
    • Anything else that is not normally installed with Windows

I am assuming you can logon to Windows Desktop, and at least for a short while use the computer. If even that is not possible let us know. If you can, how long does it take before it freezes on you?

Reaction score
HI Shantell,

have you also tried: Start button > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot?: :)

troubleshoot.JPG

Ask a Question