Windows crash due to SATA cable use..

Reaction score
unless you have the required program - a USB or DVD that has a Windows 10 ISO on it...
USB would be best.

Reaction score
you can download it - but you have already said you can not do that....
since you have to be able to Download it to your computer, then use Rufus to burn to the USB, once then you boot to the USB by using the F12 key to access the USB... and do a clean install. or use a Win10XPE to access the rec media

Reaction score
Well I could definitely get the xpe to get as many photos off it as I can before doing a clean install. Is the usb available to buy preinstalled with the programs?

Reaction score
the xpe is the same as the Windows install.iso which you do not have - and apparently you can not make.

can you left click start logo and see anything.
or right click start logo and see settings

Reaction score
let me get the manual for your computer and ill be right back.
been some time since i worked on a Dell Latitude model # ok

Reaction score
  • Click Start
    Windows 10 Start Icon
    then type "reset."

• Select Reset this PC (System Setting).

• Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.

• Select the option to Keep my files.

Reaction score
if the above does not work
open
c:
windows
system32
reset
and click then follow instructions...

Reaction score
All I'm getting is this... and it's a dell Latitude E6420

Attachments

• 15874295110458211884670979932743.jpg
    15874295110458211884670979932743.jpg
    840.8 KB · Views: 136
Reaction score
do you still have that usb drive pluged in... remove it then reboot. the windows 7 USB drive is what caused the issue. REMOVE IT

Reaction score
Did you try booting from a Windows 10 USB stick and going into advanced options?. :)

Reaction score
No but the mrs is going to get her own laptop and have us use that to download and place windows and other programs you advise onto it. Then I can plug into the dell and boot from it.. pardon my poor computer language. Learning all the time lol

Reaction score
No but the mrs is going to get her own laptop and have us use that to download and place windows and other programs you advise onto it. Then I can plug into the dell and boot from it.. pardon my poor computer language. Learning all the time lol
careful you messed up once doing that .... do not try to boot from another System or HDD, If you DL an Win10XPE, burn to a USB then use that to boot to your (messed up) computer you should be able to copy/paste all you want from the old HDD, to a different place and save it,
then insert an proper USB with new Windows 10 ISO and do a clean install, therefore fixing your computer....

Reaction score
careful you messed up once doing that .... do not try to boot from another System or HDD, If you DL an Win10XPE, burn to a USB then use that to boot to your (messed up) computer you should be able to copy/paste all you want from the old HDD, to a different place and save it,
then insert an proper USB with new Windows 10 ISO and do a clean install, therefore fixing your computer....
Right ok.. believe it or not snuffy I actually understand that so thankyou. I will give it a go and update you.. thanks so much..

Ask a Question