Windows Insider Program

Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong place will keep it short and sweet
basically my board has died I was running w10 insider program I put another motherboard in and all other parts were the same
but on installing w10 it now tells me I am not digital signed and is asking for a reg key any advice please I've been on the w10 program almost from the start is their anyway to get this back registered thanks for any input

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Arfer,

Your Digital license is assigned to the hardware of your PC effectively. As you have made a major change by replacing the Motherboard, Microsoft does not recognize your PC as the one the digital license was assigned to.

You can explain this to them and they will activate it for you using the built in Contact Support app:
  • Click Start > All apps > Contact Support
  • In the window that opens, wait a moment while it populates then click Accounts & billing
  • Next click Windows and other Microsoft apps and subscriptions
  • From there you can choose to:
    • Chat online with a Microsoft tech
    • Get them to call (the wait time will be displayed on this option)
    • Or schedule a time to call you (i.e. a time you are definitely available to discuss the issue)

Note: It may help to ensure you are logged on to your computer using your Microsoft account rather than a Local account as Microsoft presumably will be able to see this which will help identify you as owner.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Since I haven't been in the Insider program for a while I would think all the data which had been gathered on that system is not longer valid. So you will basically starting over in the program since it doesn't track you but your system.

Regedit32 knows the latest procedures but you may just need to rejoin as you would if you were new to the program.

Ask a Question