Windows live mail and windows10

Reaction score
Beware if you revert to an earlier version of windows and you are using Windows live mail
It downloads all your emails that are at your provider, this takes forever and uses all your download allowance
Then once it finishes you cannot delete or move the copies
The only way i have found is to select every email one by one and then try to open
You get an error message, just click OK and then go back to the message and you can delete it
I have a life and Windows has just crashed a large part of it
Thanks microsoft for ******* up my life

Reaction score
I never have used Live mail and never will. Thanks for the warning though.

Reaction score
I am an enthusiastic user of Live mail and have never, in its history, experienced that problem. )I really cannot see how, or why, it would download all old correspondence from the provider, if already read.
I have a separate folder, on my external, marked Mailbox. Whenever I reinstall, or similar, I point to that folder for storage, in the Advanced settings. It then picks up exactly where it left off, with accounts intact.
If, on the other hand, I do not take that action, I need to reinstate my accounts (two in my ISP) It certainly, at that point, does not download old mail.

Reaction score
Davehc are you using POP or IMAP? IMAP can certainly download all mail, read or unread, on the server to 'synchronize'. When I tried Outlook 15 it insisted on IMAP and did just that.

Ask a Question