Windows Live Mail problems since upgrading to Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me as I now find e-mail so frustrating. After installing windows 10 and then checking my e-mails I have the following error come up:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Ntlworld (kinitch1) account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'pop3.ntlworld.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

I have had to utilise the windows 10 e-mail function to which I find absolutely awful - nowhere to create folders, unresponsive, only stores emails for so long etc etc.

I have noted that I am able to send e-mails via WLM but just not receive. IS there anyone out there can help and please note I am a novice on computers.

Thanks in advance

A

Reaction score
have you tried using IMAP instead of POP3 ?

Manual configuration settings for email

Type of information Settings to enter

Sending mail (SMTP)

SMTP server name smtp.ntlworld.com

SMTP SSL Enabled

SMTP port 465

SMTP authentication Enabled

SMTP username Full email address, e.g., (e-mail address removed)

Receiving mail (IMAP4)

IMAP4 server name imap.ntlworld.com

IMAP4 SSL Enabled

IMAP4 port 993

IMAP4 authentication Enabled

IMAP4 username Full email address, e.g., (e-mail address removed)

IMAP4 SPA (Secure Password Authentication) Disabled

Reaction score
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me as I now find e-mail so frustrating. After installing windows 10 and then checking my e-mails I have the following error come up:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Ntlworld (kinitch1) account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'pop3.ntlworld.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

I have had to utilise the windows 10 e-mail function to which I find absolutely awful - nowhere to create folders, unresponsive, only stores emails for so long etc etc.

I have noted that I am able to send e-mails via WLM but just not receive. IS there anyone out there can help and please note I am a novice on computers.

Thanks in advance

A
Unfortunately, there are no fixes for WLM in Win 10. I teach a Windows 10 class for my computer club by the way, so I hear a lot of stories. So far, online, there have only been negative reports about WLM and Win 10. I' ve heard that in some cases it works only to break down eventually. And Microsoft is not supporting it for Windows 10. Time to find an alternative. Thunderbird is still available and I understand works well. I haven't used it in a long time though so no personal report on it. I've gone to using the online page for my email.

Reaction score
There is no reason why Live Mail should not be receiving pop3 email from ntworld. I would suggest you check your setting carefully, again.

fwiw, I have no knowledge of ntworld settings, but have a look at this guide
http://www.1selfcare.com/vm/vm-mail/vm-email-pc/vm_wlm/vm_pop3_wlm/

Live Mail, as far as the story goes today, works 100% in Windows 10. From now, or the very near future, it will not be able to send or receive from the web based Outook.com.

A patch was sent, In error, to temporarily bypass this problem, which is no longer valid. If you did install that patch, then I would suggest a reinstall of Live Mail
Apart from the Outlook.com problem, WLM will continue to work, as previously, in all functions.
The withdrawal of support only means that there will be no security updates (There haven't been since 2014 anyway!). and they will not respond to requests for help.

Ask a Question