SOLVED Windows Live mail transfer to Thunderbird

Reaction score
Hi hope someine can help. Transferring from Windows Live Mail Windows 7 to Thunderbird Windows 10. Have many email folders plus their contents that I need to transfer to Thunderbird. Is there a way to do this without losing the folder contents?
Thanks Limuss47

Reaction score
have you tried the "import" function yet??

2021-09-27_204738.jpg

Reaction score

View attachment 13696
Hi Grizzly thanks for your very, very useful info. I'm a complete Windows 10 novice so am employing a computer technician to transfer everything over from my Windows 7. Posed my question because he's not sure how to do the emails transfer as he's not had to deal with Windows live mail before. We've had to put back the transfer to 11 Oct so will save your info till then and will update after this date. Many thanks again.
Linuss47

Reaction score
Maybe after nearly a year and a half the problem/issue has been fixed.

Reaction score
Hi Bighorn apologies for not replying sooner. May I take this opportunity to thank you for keeping a watchful eye on the forum. I'm glad to say that transferring from windows live mail to thunderbird is now complete.

I hope you don't mind me including with this reply my thanks to Peter as I can't see his post which Windows 10 Forum emailed to me on 6 Mar 2023 (fortunately I printed a copy). If Peter you do see my post I really appreciated your input which, together with Grizzly's, provided the solutions I needed. My tech guy also sends his thanks which will help his other customers.

Linuss47

Reaction score

View attachment 13696
Hi Grizzly apologies for not completing my reply to you sooner.

Everything has been fine since my tech guy followed your and Peter's instructions with no loss of correspondence so I'm marking my initial mail as closed. Once again Grizzly really appreciated your help
Linuss47

Ask a Question