SOLVED Windows login problems

Reaction score
Yes I was wondering how to get a login password out at the binging of windows 10 or how to disable it before it gets to the login
:)

Reaction score
I followed that link.
It appears to do nothing at all.
Yes, the box is unchecked.
I also tried "Apply" (which isn't mentioned in that link) which brings up the prompt to enter password twice.

It allows a blank entry, but login still requires a password.
Tried simply changing my password, but login still requires old password.

As an aside....
What's the point in having a weblink on the login screen "If you forget your password?" Can't get online to follow that link, anyway.

And, another aside....
The link mentions "Windows Key + R". Why is stuff like that hidden? Run used to be on the start menu. Now I have to use a keyboard combination which I've only discovered accidentally (since the start menu also has no "help" option.)

Meh. Sorry. Rambling, and very frustrated. Windows 10 has been VERY annoying.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The link mentions "Windows Key + R". Why is stuff like that hidden? Run used to be on the start menu. Now I have to use a keyboard combination
You could also right click the Start Button to produce the "X" context menu, which contains assorted functions including "Run".

Reaction score
"You could also right click the Start Button to produce the "X" context menu..."
Great, more 'easter eggs'. Am I expected to right click/left click everywhere to find this stuff out? That, along with trying every conceivable keyboard combination 'just in case it does something'?

Any chance microsoft is going to fix any of these problems?
Help files?
Remove password from login?
Allow for background processing?
Not relocate windows when monitor I/O is redirected?
Allow for resizable photo viewer? (Can't recall the name of it, now. It's deleted.)
Re-fix the calculator app?

Windows 10 is STILL very annoying.

What the hell was the point? Is ANYTHING improved?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What the hell was the point? Is ANYTHING improved?
That produced a smile and a small chuckle.
Thanks.... I needed that.
AND, an.... Excellent question.
It's faster, better memory and resource management, smaller overall footprint and seems to work well on devices with less than "Muscle Car" level hardware, but.....
The user interface?????
Pretty sure the jury is still out on that one.
Probably why a lot of people are installing things like Classic Shell or one of the dozens of other third party Start Menu substitutes / overlays.

Ask a Question