SOLVED Windows won't start after the last update

Reaction score
Hello

I just installed the last Win 10 update. Windows is hang. Desktop will appear, but no file can be access,

I did the SFC /Scannow from the as an administrator and no error found

Any idea?

Martin

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are these the update(s) you are referring to??
Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3139907)
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743)
Have you considered uninstalling them?
OR
Using System Restore to go back to a point in time prior to them having been installed?

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the reply

I can't say witch update, A pop up appeared and mentioned that Windows did display a message that PC needed to be turn off and restart to install the latest update for Win 10 64

I'm able to load in safe mode

About the restore, I'm not to familiar about it. I did check and the last restore point was done last night when I did a software update for a particular application.

No restore point was created for the Windows update.

Since the Win update had been done after the software, will it automatically remove all data and file written or created after the restore point?

Martin

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically a system restore will not impact personal data.
Its' principal impact is on registry entries and system type files like drivers, so.....
You'll probably have to re-install anything that you added or updated after the date and time of the restore point you use. That's kinda the idea, but typical user data that you create from within an application and save to your profile folders should not be affected.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm able to load in safe mode
Have you tried simply rebooting from safe mode in to normal boot mode to see if it is still messed up.
Sometimes it can just take a while to line up the ducks.

Reaction score
Have you tried simply rebooting from safe mode in to normal boot mode to see if it is still messed up.
Sometimes it can just take a while to line up the ducks.
Hello again

Just finished to reload from the restore point
System has booted, Will test and see if all ok

Many thanks for your generous help

Martin

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear, although.....
If the problem was an update it will like return when Windows Update runs again.
You may want to consider using this for the time being and see if deferring the update will provide some relief until the next update, which hopefully will be on the 8th.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Ask a Question