wont install

Reaction score
running windows 7 home premium and have tried to install windows 10 around 11 times always gets to the first boot then crashes back to 7 Any ideas

Reaction score
1. Is SP1 installed in your Win 7 Home Prem ?
Must have SP1 ( service pack 1 ) or it won't work.
Is your Win 7 fully up-to-date with Windows updates ?

2. How did you install Windows 10 ? By using Windows Update or by using an ISO ?

3. When it failed to install, was there any error message ?

Reaction score
fully up to date with all updates {on auto update} installed using windows update, downloaded 64 bit version
error message was 91000 sysprep

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds to me like there is something wrong with your installation (upgrade) file that has been downloaded to your PC.
My suggestion would be to download the ISO
The installation media can be obtain through either of these two resources.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.
OR
In your case perform the in place upgrade by simply clicking the setup.exe application from the installation media that you have burned to DVD or USB from within your running Windows 7 OS

Reaction score
seems odd that after 17 downloads there is something wrong with the upgrade file as it downloaded the file each time , surely someone must know what the error code is?
i had a message this am to say that the windows 10 file had been up dated please upgrade but still get the same error code,should not have this problem all my other upgrades from windows 95 and up have gone o problems ,seems to me that microsoft have been in too much of a hurry and not sorted it out first.
think i will leave it 12 months till they iron out the bugs

Ask a Question