Wrong webcam

Reaction score
Some time ago I installed DroidCam and never go it working. I have since bought a Logitech C270 just for Skype and FB messaging. I removed DroidCam via its own unistall.exe'. Trying to set up the Logitech camera on Skype I can't seem to point to the new camera because I see DroidCam Source 2 showing under USB Video Device. Assistance would be appreciated in removing it and getting both Skype and messaging working. Thank You

Reaction score
You can go in the Control Panel, then Devices and Printers and see if it still shows in there. If so you can right click on it and remove.
Also check your Device manager under Cameras and see if DroidCam is still there. You can also remove it from there. I used to use it before I bought a web cam, and when I uninstalled it, it didn't show anymore. I did use Revo Uninstaller to remove it though.

Reaction score
Thansk BigFeet
You can go in the Control Panel, then Devices and Printers and see if it still shows in there. If so you can right click on it and remove.
Also check your Device manager under Cameras and see if DroidCam is still there. You can also remove it from there. I used to use it before I bought a web cam, and when I uninstalled it, it didn't show anymore. I did use Revo Uninstaller to remove it though.

Thanks Bigfeet.
Only see the Logitech cam on Control Panel.

In Device Manager I can only see USB Vid Device but in its properties it says manufacturer Microsft ??? Says Device is working properly.

But I can see it still in the registry when I search for it. It shows as DevicePath REG_SZ droidcam:2

The MS camera app seems to be working through the Logitech camera OK but when I try to set it up in Skype this is where I see DroidCam source 2 taking over. Do I need to do something in the registry, if so please advise as I've never touched that before.
Many thanks

Reaction score
That's odd that skype only seethe DroidCam even though it's been uninstalled. So when you go to settings then audio & video, next to where it says Camera, the pull down menu only gives the DroidCam as the option? Was there drivers that came with the logitech, or is it just using the generic microsoft driver? Mine uses the generic windows driver. I still see DroidCam drivers linked in the registry, but not the same entry you see. I really don't know if it's safe to delete it. I wouldn't. Maybe someone has more experience with this issue than I. I wouldn't want to give you bad advice.

Reaction score
Thanks BigFeet, no I didn't want to play around in the registry.

No I do see both USB Video Device (which I'm presuming is the Logitech camera) and DroidCam Source2.

I'm not sure how to use the camera and skype together though. I presume I open the MS Camera app, and that's works fine, but then do I minimise it and then open Skype? I won't be able to check all this out until next week when I have friends set up to use Skype I just wanted to try and get it working by then.

As far as Facebook Messenger goes from what I read I need to go into permissions etc. because when I try it, it says can't connect may not be connected or supported. You can use the C270 on its messenger app can't you??? So I will leave that for later on and just work my way through it all when I've the time.

Thanks for helping I really appreciate it.

Ask a Question