yet another new build...2 new builds, regular and mobile

Reaction score
Mine installed, how do I get rid of this? OneDrive does not display and Avast and CUE do not display in the notification. This is messed up. I am reverting back

tray.PNG

Reaction score
Fastest download I have seen from MS. My laptop has a 100Mbps ethernet, everything behind that is 1Gbps. My internet connection is about 75Mbps. And yet Task manager was showing a consistent 50-60Mbps download speed.

Reaction score
This build broke my Keyboad, Mouse and headset. Detroyed CUE and broke Avast AIS and onedrive. I am back on the slow boat and may go back to 10586. This build is Junk.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's life on the bleeding edge and kinda the point.
Finding out what does and doesn't work.
The blog reports
If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed on your PC there is a known driver bug that prevents these programs from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch.
So.....
There may be reason to expect some troubles with other third party security suites as well.
No sure what CUE is?
As far as you mouse, keyboard and headset. If they are unique, it is possible that simply reinstalling the driver or removing them from device manager and rebooting a couple times might help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Dang..... you just got back on the Insider Previews.
I can certainly understand the frustration if you are doing this on your primary computer.
I have one set aside, just for this type of foolishness ( I mean serious endeavour) and I also keep an additional install on a Hyper-V, Virtual Machine.
A VM might be a better option for those who want to keep an eye on what's going on but do not want to dedicate a physical machine or put up with the frustrations on their primary machines.

Reaction score
This new build installed fine on my Insider machine ( Lenovo laptop) I do think it starts and stops more slowly than some previous builds. The only 3rd party programs I have on that machine are Chrome, Firefox and CCleaner. Office 2016 is installed also. Only 3rd part hardware is a Logitech Bluetooth mouse...I hate touchpads! Onedrive had all the files I expected to be there.

Don't use WiFi on there although it usually works fine when I enable the adapter.

My local network runs IPV6 and tunnels out to the 'net via 6RD supplied by my ISP. In fact when I access MS it is usually V6 as Windows will prefer V6 if it is available.

So Gideon I guess my PC has some essential differences from yours.

Reaction score
@ Trouble. I would NEVER put a MS beta on my main PC. In the past I have run W95 beta, WNT beta ( on a Thinkpad no less...that was difficult) and for about an hour until I saw how ugly it was W8 beta.

The worst beta was OS2 V2 having to load it from about 20 floppies every time it croaked. W10 is easy!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My personal experience with Windows 95 might suggest that it was perpetually in beta.
I can't even guess the number of times I reinstalled that OS.
Never messed with OS2 although I remember some folks seemed to like it at the time.
I do recall the number of diskettes requred to install Windows 95
OSR 2.1 doubled the floppy count to 26
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_95

Reaction score
This new build installed fine on my Insider machine ( Lenovo laptop) I do think it starts and stops more slowly than some previous builds. The only 3rd party programs I have on that machine are Chrome, Firefox and CCleaner. Office 2016 is installed also. Only 3rd part hardware is a Logitech Bluetooth mouse...I hate touchpads! Onedrive had all the files I expected to be there.

Don't use WiFi on there although it usually works fine when I enable the adapter.

My local network runs IPV6 and tunnels out to the 'net via 6RD supplied by my ISP. In fact when I access MS it is usually V6 as Windows will prefer V6 if it is available.

So Gideon I guess my PC has some essential differences from yours.

It may have been the way I had it set. I may try it again. Nah I will stay with 10586.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think I will stay with 10586. I have over 325 Bucks invested in Corsair equipment that was broken with 10471. Now my Win 7 Games such as Solitaire work again.:)

Reaction score
Well after 7 failed install attempts, I finally got the latest build to re install. Found a solution to the notification area problem as well.

Ask a Question