No Creator's Build Yet

Reaction score
Still haven't gotten the update. Running Windows 10 Pro on a recently (Jan2017) built machine with a Kaby Lake CPU. I'm not too awfully concerned as my computer is running well (with one exception) and I don't think I have a need for anything in the update. I'm just curious why it has not shown up in Windows updates yet.

As for the exception: Somewhere along the line something updated and now my computer changes resolution from 4K 3840X2160 to 640X480 whenever a reboot occurs. I have to open up display settings to change things back to 4K. When it reboots it opens up with normal resolution for a minute then the screen goes blank and relights with the 640 resolution. My computer runs 24/7 so I'm not sure what update might have caused the problem and reboots are not regularly scheduled so it is just an annoyance and not a problem.

Reaction score
There were quite a few updates during May, June, and July but I can't tell what might have been the culprit since I don't reboot a lot. GPU is not the problem as far as I can tell. I've switched to on board graphics and updated to latest drivers without resolving the issue.

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Pro version 1607 Build 14393.1480 which I think is the latest before the Creator's update.

Reaction score
Rather than go after it manually I've just been sitting back waiting for it to show up in my updates. I know that due to the size of the download Microsoft has been releasing it slowly to ease the strain on their servers. I'm just kind of curious why it is taking so long to show up at my house.

Reaction score
My resolution change issue on reboot is solved. I discovered it was my Samsung Magician program. Checked properties of the .exe and found the box next to run in 640X480 resolution was checked. Unchecked it and no more resolution change on reboot. It opens now in a really small, hard to read window so I'm guessing it has a compatibility issue with a 4K resolution setting.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Cool. Nice find and thanks for sharing the follow-up information.

T_J

Reaction score
I decided to upgrade Windows 10 Home 1607 to 1703 yesterday (8/11). I went to ~ settings / Update & Security / clicked on 'find out how to get CU' / Edge window with Microsoft page popped up & clicked on Upgrade Assistant link. Download started.

I have slow DSL, so PC finished Download overnight. When I checked 2012 Dell desktop (originally was W7) this morning it only needed Privacy Settings selected. A few minutes later, CU upgrade was finished. Couldn't be much easier than this.

Ask a Question