Is Windows 10 Actually Liked Yet ?

Reaction score
judging by the amount of people , comments and negativity towards windows 10 i would still say it is utter rubbish that we all still lumbered with .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Tolerable is a good word for it.
For those of us who look back fondly on Windows 2000 Pro, XP and Windows 7, it is just barely tolerable.
But with this "the last version of Windows" according to Microsoft, we can only wonder...... what me might have to look forward to.
Personally, I have mixed feelings.

Reaction score
I rather like it...but I don't really use any features introduced since W7. If I had to WORK with it using Visual Studio and the various tools and scripts I had before I retired then I think I'd prefer W2000 Pro.

Reaction score
I think it's almost up to XP's level already (fast, simple and good to use) and XP is my favourite operating system of all-time, what with the improvements since RTM and the Anniversary Update, it has a good future.

I prefer it over Windows 7 anyhow.

Reaction score
Possibly the OP is referring to adverse comments, read mainly on forums and the like, where those with problems, seek help and advice.
Universally, I don't read so many such.
Maybe not relevant, but, locally, users are quite happy with Windows 10. The main criticism is not with its performance, which is of high quality, but its administration by Microsoft, which includes, in particular, the update system.

New third party features and hardware manufacturing, are orientated toward Windows 10. Most would not work with anything older than Vista.

Latterly, though, there are indications that the OS is putting priority on handhelds, which may not be the way future users wish to go.

Here is a good summary of current feeling and comparison of all OSs

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/com...g-8-windows-10-doubts-debunked-11363995387857

One thing which cannot be taken into consideration. though, are statistical sales figures.

Windows 10 was offered as a "free lunch", which, naturally, many took advantage of. And currently, of course, it is becoming fait accompli that a new computer comes with Windows 10 installed

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it's almost up to XP's level already (fast, simple and good to use) and XP is my favourite operating system of all-time, what with the improvements since RTM and the Anniversary Update, it has a good future.

I prefer it over Windows 7 anyhow.
I agree the last sentence.

Reaction score
The only way to go is dual boot OS7/OS10. My own preference. Is this sorta like the Chevy vs. Ford thing of my youth?

Reaction score
I'm forced to go 10 by upgrading from my old laptop. Windows 7 was my favorite for years. Three major things:
1. I don't see any use for the tiled start menu unless you have a touch screen. Got rid of them. I use the taskbar with pinned documents. Much more useful.
2. The People and Calendar apps don't work with Google.
3. A Settings app AND Control Panel ... WHY?? Just to confuse us?
I thing I'll use Classic Shell ....

I think Win10 is great for people buying the Surface, but for the rest of us dinosaurs, not so much.

Reaction score
I'm forced to go 10 by upgrading from my old laptop. Windows 7 was my favorite for years. Three major things:
1. I don't see any use for the tiled start menu unless you have a touch screen. Got rid of them. I use the taskbar with pinned documents. Much more useful.
2. The People and Calendar apps don't work with Google.
3. A Settings app AND Control Panel ... WHY?? Just to confuse us?
I thing I'll use Classic Shell ....

I think Win10 is great for people buying the Surface, but for the rest of us dinosaurs, not so much.
1. I have never found a way to pin documents to the task bar, only programs.

3. I think the idea is to provide the Settings as a simpler route to the settings in the Control Panels. I find it simpler and use it all the time.

Reaction score
My misstatement. You don't pin documents to the taskbar. You use a jump list to pin documents to an application pinned to the taskbar. The taskbar is visible and available all the time, whereas the start menu tiles are not.

Reaction score
I like windows 10 even though sometimes it has it's challenges. Remember Windows 7 had issues in the beginning.:)

Reaction score
It is unfortunate that several people here are having a bad experience with Windows 10. As I have said elsewhere, I really like it. I have had Apple machines since 1996. They were bad then until Steve Jobs gripped them by the throat. My iMac 2011 had manyserious glitches every week. I took it to an Apple Genius Bar three times but they could find no fault, so I lived with it, until this Spring when I changed to Windows, now Windows 10.

In my experience W 10 offers very nearly all the functionality of the Apple world, its ease of use is very nearly as good (although I miss some of the drag-and-drop opportunities) and compared to my iMac is hugely more reliable. In fact, since I got it it has not had a single significant glitch (a few hesitations), and the worst one was (after the Anniversary Update) the inability of Cortana to easily find individul document files. This had an easy workaround. It was caused by W10 not being able to fully recognise an SSD (which I have) and within three weeks of the Anniversary Upgrade this was fixed in a further update.

Changing to W 10 is a huge relief. Why some people have difficulties is a mystery. The fact that I and a million other users (at a guess) World-wide have no significant problems (doctors, hospitals, various branches of commerce and industry, Government, teaching, universities, agriculture, population, economy, employment, GDP, migration, income, expenditure, health, poverty, crime, religion, social security, exports, imports, legislation, investment, tax, etc. etc.) seems to show that Windows is capable of acting reliably, and this only adds to the mystery. I'm so relieved to be on Windows now!

Reaction score
Steve I here what you are saying and agree with most.
However, believe that {doctors, hospitals, various branches of commerce and industry, Government, teaching, universities, agriculture, population, economy, employment, GDP, migration, income, expenditure, health, poverty, crime, religion, social security, exports, imports, legislation, investment, tax, etc. etc.} In the main are still using XP not Win 7 or 10. and will continue to do so for quite some time. I believe they were granted special permission from MS to continue using XP OS.

Reaction score
I agree with Steve's comments. But he is way out on his usage figures. The number of Windows 10 users cannot be worked out accurately, but, very conservatively, exceed billions.

I haven't read anything regarding "special permissions", as mentioned by Norton (perhaps you could give us a link or lead on that one), but, where I live most private companies and individuals have adopted Windows 10. Government institutions are ruled by budgets here, so it will be a little while before they adapt. They are, of course using Enterprise versions through their own servers, so are able to fully control and reject the (free) upgrades to Windows 10.
As far as happy users are concerned, as I said in my earlier post, it is impossible to ascertain exact figures, but, if you browse in the plus and then the minus direction, regarding Windows 10, I do believe you will find it favours those who are using and liking the OS.

Ask a Question