SOLVED "Your PC did not start correctly" - My computer 2017

Reaction score
Hello,

So, yesterday, I come home from school, turn on my computer, to work on my Accounting report. Turns out, my computer decided not to work today; it wasn't feeling it. It started "Preparing Automatic Repair", cool! It then started "Diagnosing your PC" and came up with this message "Your PC did not start correctly". Oh, ok, I'll restart it, the solution to everything, NOPE. The same three messages came up. I have a look at the advanced options, three buttons are displayed "Continue", "Troubleshoot" and "Turn off your PC". I press continue. Turns out it just restarts your PC. I then try "troubleshoot" and then checked the "Advanced Options". I try ALL OF THEM; none of them worked. I even went through every option in the start-up settings. Nothing seemed to change. I try "Reset this PC", the same problem; "There was a problem while resetting your PC", WHAT?! I start doing some research and find some cmd commands that may help; they didn't.... So I haven't found anything that has helped yet so your reply will be greatly appreciated. I haven't made any hardware adjustments since January and I don't recall any massive software adjustments. In the mean time, I'll be using my laptop, but it's slow. So, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
IF the machine is unable to boot normally or in Safe Mode and you've exhausted all possible troubleshooting options, as it seems you have.....
The only alternative I might suggest is that you backup all your critical data and obtain the latest Windows 10 ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Use that ISO to create bootable installation media and perform a clean custom install of Windows 10 and then restore your data from backups.

It sounds like you have system file corruption which could possibly indicate a possible problem with the hard drive.
Turns out, my computer decided not to work today
I haven't made any hardware adjustments since January and I don't recall any massive software adjustments
IF you have any reason to suspect that the hard drive is at issue, take the time to run ChkDsk on it so you're sure that there are no problem sectors.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
IF the machine is unable to boot normally or in Safe Mode and you've exhausted all possible troubleshooting options, as it seems you have.....
The only alternative I might suggest is that you backup all your critical data and obtain the latest Windows 10 ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Use that ISO to create bootable installation media and perform a clean custom install of Windows 10 and then restore your data from backups.

It sounds like you have system file corruption which could possibly indicate a possible problem with the hard drive.

IF you have any reason to suspect that the hard drive is at issue, take the time to run ChkDsk on it so you're sure that there are no problem sectors.

It worked! Thanks a bunch!

Ask a Question