SOLVED Zoom not working on my Lenova ThinkPad T450

Reaction score
Can anyone please help with a Lenova ThinkPad T450 that's suddenly not working on Zoom. Camera comes on for a second and then turns off.

Reaction score
Yes, I have carried out two checks recently:

1. Restoro Repair Tool for the problem which was not successful.
2. Your suggestion from Lenovo Support above.....not successful I'm afraid.

I understand that this is a software problem between Microsoft and Lenovo. No-one seems to have the answer. It's been going on for months. The first time I was aware of it was 16th September 2020 and it hasn't worked properly ever since. Don't know whether a Microsoft update prior to the 16th September might be the cause. How do I know when that happened and can be removed?
Using the camera on it's own has the same problem.
If you need more information, please let me know. I do so need this problem to be solved and I'm not a 'techie'.

Reaction score
Hi Gabby,

open Control Panel > Device Manager and locate your webcam (listed under Cameras) in the hardware list and either right click and uninstall device or mark it and click the red X at the top of the panel which does the same, restart your computer and let us know if that fixes the problem!. ;)

1611931131614.png

Reaction score
I've already been down that route.. Lenovo said it was a Microsoft problem which has been thoroughly investigated. I guess I have to give up.

Reaction score
Buy a webcam and use that, Logitech products are good, make sure you disable the onboard camera first!. :)

Logitech also keep the drivers up-to-date!. :)

Reaction score
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but considering the problem is between Windows software and Lenovo, would a new webcam be the answer?

Reaction score
Lenovo said it was a Microsoft problem which has been thoroughly investigated. I guess I have to give up.
If you say you need it and neither Lenovo nor MS can help you then yes, that is the only way I can see you resolve the problem!. A new webcam is not that expensive!. ;)

Reaction score
If I may make a suggestion, head on over to thinkpads.com, a help forum for Thinkpad owners. They have helped me more than once. Find the sub-forum that pertains to your particular machine and pose your question there.

Reaction score
can you find, and switch off, the privacy mode In the hardware settings

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your help with this problem. Bought a new webcam from Logitech. Uninstalled, successfully this time, the integrated webcam before installing the new product; to my surprise the integrated webcam suddenly came to life. Problem solved!!!
A technical miracle, me thinks!!!

Ask a Question