Zoom controls not working in some software

Reaction score
I'm running Win10 latest update. I can zoom my entire screen in and out by holding the CTRL key and using the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out. I frequently use this to make things easier to read. I don't know what this feature is part of. Probably the Windows OS. The feature works fine in most if not all of the software I use on my PC with one exception. I have a program called Family Tree Maker. The zoom feature does not work on the screens in this program. How can I make the zoom feature work for this program?

Reaction score
The Ctrl + mouse wheel or Ctrl plus the + or - key has been part of and worked in several versions of Windows and some versions of Linux but not in all versions of third-party installed programs.

Reaction score
Bighorn's right. It doesn't work with some 3rd party programs. And I can confirm it doesn't work with Family Tree Maker.

Reaction score
Correct. The Control+Mouse Wheel activates the application's zoom feature, such as MS Office, web browser etc. If the application doesn't have a zoom feature it won't do anything.

You can try Windows Magnifier - it zooms in the whole screen regardless of what software you are using. I use it a lot on my HTPC.

Ask a Question