Looking for an effective OCR and I don't mind paying.

BML

Reaction score
I'm a part time student and occasionally I find a document in PDF format that I would like to used in Word. I know that there are a number of these applications freely available but I also know that they often have limits so I'm looking for an application that is easy to use and delivers. Can any one make as suggestion?

Reaction score
I use VueScan that will convert to PDF to Word or PDFZilla
Convert PDF To Word In 3 Clicks!

PDFZilla

Powerful PDF To Word Converter - PDFZilla

spot.gif
Editable
- Edit Your PDF Documents In MS Word!

spot.gif
Easily
- Convert PDF To Word Document Just In Only 3 Clicks.

spot.gif
High Quality
- Convert PDF To Word with ALL text and Graphical Data.

spot.gif
Page Selection
- Convert Selected Pages of PDF File To Word document.

spot.gif
Over 20 Languages Supported
- Besides English, PDFZilla Also supports German, French, Spanish, Italian and all Unicode Language PDF Files.

spot.gif
Batch Mode
- Convert 1,000+ PDF Files in Bulk.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
My HP 5610v printer comes with OCR software that does just that. If you have a printer, see if comes with it. If it does try it and see how it works. I've never used mine.

Reaction score
Some printers have a USB port and can scan and save as .pdf format, the HP OfficeJet 8600 series is one and probably 8700. Only other one I've done it with is a big Canon our church leases.

Reaction score
Disregard my reply, was intended for a different question [chemobrain at work].

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
occasionally I find a document in PDF format that I would like to used in Word
Have you tried just opening the PDF in Word.
I'm using Word as part of the latest version of Microsoft Office 365 and it does a pretty good job of handling the job with only a few minor formatting issues

BML

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the cost of this Powerful PDF To Word Converter - PDFZilla is?

Reaction score
Quite powerful and quite inexpensive.

Reaction score
I don't do international finance so can't really convert USD to others accurately. I thought $29.95USD to be a good value in comparison to the full price of $49.95USD but then I've seen folks go coupon-shopping by driving 3 miles from one store to another to save $0.50 on one item, guess they didn't have to pay for the gasoline used doing it.

Reaction score
Not really a big difference, less that 50% off, pretty common especially with downloadable software.

Ask a Question