Looking for a programmer that writes SQL databases

Reaction score
I an having to use a propriety SQL database, this owner of the program insist that he can not add a module for print set up of the multiple forms that need to be printed at times. The results of this are when printing landscape on 8.5 x 11 paper I always get two pages of each page of the form data. The programmer reports that printing is dependent on windows setting? I am printing on an HP 8300 Photo printer even if I set it to print edge to edge and shrink to fit, I still get 2 pages with the last column on the second page.

The second issue that this programmer seems not to be able to fix is that the program always opens full screen. No, this Database is not a windows 8 App it a SQL database and the only program I have ever had that forces full screen opening ever. There must be a line of code that allows the database to open to the same size window as it was closed at just like every other windows program I own.

This is probably the wrong forum to ask such question, but I know there a lot of very switch on people here some may have an understanding SQL databases at least enough to point me in the direction of a forum that would.

This is program that I pretty much have to work with as it maintains my( ATF FFL Records) and with the exception of these two aggravations the very best solution on the market

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry I can't really help, it's been a decade at least (probably closer to two) since I worked with SQL and even then, all forms and reports were a product of Microsoft Access front end. SQL was only the back end data container.
print set up of the multiple forms that need to be printed
Typically you don't "print" raw forms or tables, generally you use them to generate a printable report.

Have you tried exporting to Excel to see if it helps with managing printing?
Have you tried either the built in XPS or PDF writer / printer to see if by manipulating the scaling you can get all columns on the same page?

As far as the full screen issue.... I got nothing.

Reaction score
Landscape mode on Legal size paper? An annoying solution but if your printer can manage Legal

Ask a Question