15002 Today

Reaction score
My normally 100% reliable 'net connection has died a couple of times during the download but seems to be ok now....I hope this is not a bad omen.

I notice in the blog the capability to defer updates....but not in the home edition. Annoying.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Finally got both my installs finished (both VM and physical machine) and everything looks well as best as I'm able to determine so far.
All the Apps seem to be working which has been some issue (for me at least) with past updates / upgrades.
Been playing with Tile folders on the start menu. Although that has been an actual feature on my Windows 10 phone for a while, this is the first time it has been available on PC.
Not convinced that I'm all that impressed but I can see some function to it.
Placed my Mail Calendar and People apps into one folder and then all the Xbox associated apps in another.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I got it as well after the 2nd try, it restarted when it got to 1 % and they gave me a notification on How I like the restart..LOL/ But I can't get into settings like I used to, I am tinking that this in intended? I used to be able to click on the action button in the tray but now I have to get in via the apps. Other that that a few changes in Personalize and Update but it seems stable.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I used to be able to click on the action button in the tray but now I have to get in via the apps.
Are you saying that you can no longer use or see the "All settings" icon when you click the "Notification" icon on the right most area of the taskbar?
Is there an "Expand" heading, available waiting for you to click it?

Reaction score
Did a few simple tests...seems to work for me. Haven't tried any of the things in the blog.

I think a lot of these things in the blog are and will be not much use to me and to many others who use desktops with big screens. All the integration, I am sure is great for laptop and phone users...people who have microphones in their devices!

Reaction score
Have they fixed the update problems with this version? I have read there were some issues with this release...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have they fixed the update problems with this version? I have read there were some issues with this release...
My guess is that they did.
One of the blocking factors in delaying this release was evidently an update issue post install, so logically......
I'm thinking (fingers crossed), that they wouldn't have released it if they hadn't fixed that.
I guess we'll see soon enough.

Reaction score
Yeah, my insider is currently downloading and updating..... it will be interesting.......

[edit] it just got interesting me thinks. It is stuck at 16% preparing to install with a 98% CPU load.....
gonna let it run its course for now.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you saying that you can no longer use or see the "All settings" icon when you click the "Notification" icon on the right most area of the taskbar?
Is there an "Expand" heading, available waiting for you to click it?
Yes that is what I am saying.

Reaction score
It went through just took a while longer. after the 16% hurdle there was a 33% hurdle then it went through all the way.
Some new features this built has ......

Reaction score
This build has now for some odd reason broken. About half the Programs that I purchased are not working. They were yesterday. I am going back to The AU till they figure this out.

@Trouble Just an FYI. I tried the DVD iso and it would not install.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I tried the DVD iso and it would not install.
Very strange, as I used that exact same ISO to perform an in-place upgrade on my physical machine and all went well.
I actually burned the ISO to USB ThumbDrive with Rufus and plugged it into my insider machine and ran setup.exe from there.
Usually I just mount the ISO but I wanted to test it before I uploaded it.
I did not try to boot from it, although I may try that as well, just to see if there is something wrong with it.

What exactly happened?
Maybe something got scrambled in the upload or download process.

Reaction score
The entire upgrade process was strange even the download, It started to download got up to about 55% then the line started to reverse and go backwards. When it got back to 0% it started again then finished downloading and then started to install. At the 1% mark after the restart it restated again and went back to the desktop. I then got a notification that wanted a reply on what I thought of the restart.. I posted I would like it not to happen and install properly. I then started the second attempt it seemed to go normal untill 26% after the restart then rebooted and I got that message saying that we are returning you to your previous OS.... I then ran ccleaner and chkdsk and after that started again. This time it went ok I thought, it upgraded and I was able to finish and get to the new build. I was able to get to settings in the normal manner, Then I restarted it and it would not restart, I had to press the reset button and then it restarted. At this point I was no longer able to get settings the normal way. But I could using the metro apps. Then I posted here and found that this was not normal.
I then downloaded your ISO and tried to do a repair install, it did not work and failed like the previous one. So I then re imaged the image I made before using your ISO and fooled with it and found that there was a way to removed the action center by RC on the desktop. Oh I forgot that before this The AC Icon was still there but everything in it was greyed out. So I then removed it and placed the Icon from the Apps setting on the Taskbar and I was able to get into it so I thought everything was OK.
This morning about 1/2 of my Paid for apps failed to work. I tried to do a test the SSD Drive by RC on the drive in My PC. I go an error stating that that drive could not be accessed. I found this really strange since Windows 10 was running on that drive. I then saw that Build 14393.693 was out so I Imaged that build on my drive and updated it to 14393.693 and everything was fine. I then backed that up and went back to 15002 and to even get into the OS took 3 reboots and it was all F'ed up.
I don't know if my rig is good enough for 15002 or not. I have tw0 SSd'd drives, an Intel i7960 3.20 Ghz CPU, an EVGA 1060 GTX with 6 Gb of mem, and 24 Gb of Corsair ram. That looks good on the surface but it is all on Sata 2 and USB 2 so I may have a bottle neck,, I do not know. All previous builds were stable enough, I had some problems but nothing like this. I maybe wearing out that Samsung 250 850 EVO SSD with all of these builds, I do not know.
I think I will stay with the AU till the next RTM level release and try it. If I have problems I will stay with the AU. Your ISO was fine and not the problem. I am going on 70 and getting to old for this BS anyway. If I was in Good health it would be different. I am in pain 24/7 as my left shoulder is shot--Bone on Bone. My right arm is a mess due to the problems in my neck. I have to wear a brace on my elbow or my arm will lock up. I haven't even gotten to my back, knees and feet which are also shot. On top of all that I have had two heart problems fixed with angioplasty. I really am a mess. I suppose I am lucky to be alive. Mt first heart attack was when I was 35, the next was 10 years later in 1994 on my anniversary. I took a buyout from my job 10 years ago and I can hardly do anything but sit here at this PC and browse the interwebs and teat builds and whatnot. Now this is getting boring and I am getting butt sores from sitting all day. There was a time when I was taking 6 Vicodin a day --That was probably on the Level of Dr. House.. I started to hallucinate so I quit that. Sorry to lay this all on you but in a nutshell that is what happened. Believe it or not. I may go back To Linux as a dual boot with 10 AU, Or I may just start watching TV again. Thanks for listening Trouble.
o_O
@Trouble

Reaction score
I triewd it again this morning on build 14383.693 and it failed something to do with an imaged safe failure. I think I will image this build I am on, go back to 14986 and try again. I seem to be a gluten for punishment..LOL

Ask a Question