KB4100403 Today

Reaction score
MS are still pushing the Intel Management Engine Interface driver, which fails every time. I don't have the driver installed, Intel and Dell Assist both say my drivers are all up to date. I just wish I could stop/block it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Capture2.PNG

Reaction score
However it doesn't stop the attempted download
What model Dell system is it and can you get a version number or at least description of the update?

If it is failing, click on the failed entries and see if it shows anything.

I have gotten an actual Dell update through the Windows process before.

Reaction score
Grizzly I downloaded "wushowhide" and ran the program, it identified and fixed the problem with Intel Management Engineering Interface update. I also ran Windows update troubleshooter, it found and repaired a corrupt update data base too. My PC is all up to date, no updates pending. I will run the programs on the other PC's and fix the same issues. Thanks for the link.

Reaction score
glad to be of help....

there is another way to stop driver updates:
open run command and type " gpedit.msc " (only for pro versions). Navigate like seen in the following pictures:

2018-05-25_155436.jpg

2018-05-25_155734.jpg

then close the editor and drivers will not been downloaded permanently (wushowhide is temporary only).

This is for those who know their way around a computer. The group policy editor has many settings that, set in the wrong way, can render your computer unusable. Please be careful when using this editor....

Reaction score
Grizzly Thanks! I think I realize what was causing this recent problem with the Intel Management Engineering Interface update. When Windows 10 was first released, I seem to recall that many users were having many problems with driver updates, the Forum was flooded with help requests. At that time I stopped driver updates using the LGPE. When 1803 was released, I performed a clean install on all of my Dell PC's. A clean install would have reset the LGPE "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" back to its default value, this is when I started having a problem with the above mentioned driver update.
Thanks to all for the help at resolving the driver download error.

Reaction score
wren That's good to hear. There are many Windows 10 users with the same problem.

Reaction score
I didn't have any luck either with Trouble's suggestion in post (#9) above. I couldn't do Grizzly's suggestion because I'm running with Windows 10 Home and that's not supported by it. But so far, so good. Hope others have the same luck with it.

Ask a Question