15002 Today

Reaction score
Well after MS has wasted 4 more hours of my life I am done with these TP's. I saw nothing but failed attempts to update, Blue Screens, Green Screens so for now I am done/finished . I think that the problem I had was with Samsung Magician Software. It almost worked with that removed. During the process it stopped working,. I do have an image of 15002 that I can try, and remove that and see what happens.. I got nothing better to do...

Reaction score
He eats punishment like others eat food.

on this latest version "edge" wont work at all!

Even the opening screen has reduced in size and it wont open any sites at all!

All my other browsers work!

Do others have the same problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do others have the same problem?
While not a big fan of "Edge", I can report that it seems to work flawlessly on my install of 15002.

On another note they have added an insidious icon for "Edge" onto the tab bar of Internet Explorer adjacent to the New Tab icon

Capture1.PNG

I understand how they can do this with IE as it's their browser, but...
I wonder if they might attempt something similar with third party browsers.

This might be the thing that pushes me away from IE, but it certainly won't push me toward "Edge".
I'll be looking to a third party alternative.

It leaves me shaking my head and wondering...... who does this kind of thing.
You have a browser ( IE ) which is not particularly well liked or used broadly, so....
You create a new browser ( Edge ) which is even less liked or used and then you do something like this..... Why??
To aggravate people who still choose to use IE in spite of your attempts to force Edge on us?
I don't get it.

Reaction score
I failed again at the install of 15002 but I did find out how to remove Edge.

Fortunately, the guys over at Winaero came up with a small utility that mostly does the same thing, but in a matter of seconds. You can download it here. The only thing you need to do is right-click Uninstall Edge.cmd and choose to Run as Administrator. Wait for the process to finish, close the window, and restart your PC so that changes are applied.

here

It works.:)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've never been one that concerned himself with uninstalling, disabling or otherwise stopping the various bits and bobs, services or processes that are part of the integrated components of the Operating System.
All I want is to turn on the computer and do what I want or need to do with a minimum amount of annoyance, using the programs of my choosing.
If MS wants to include, what they feel are useful features and functions into their OS, it's perfectly OK with me and if they are not annoying, then all the better, but....
When they start to infringe into areas that are simple, only to make them more complicated unnecessarily, that's when I look for solutions from third parties.
AND you can bet that as soon as I find the registry key that put that Edge icon in the tab bar of Internet Explorer, it's history.

Already posted to the feedback hub and sent them a "frown" from within I.E. which I assume goes either to the same feedback hub or maybe into the worlds largest cylindrical file.

Reaction score
I failed again at the install of 15002 but I did find out how to remove Edge.

Fortunately, the guys over at Winaero came up with a small utility that mostly does the same thing, but in a matter of seconds. You can download it here. The only thing you need to do is right-click Uninstall Edge.cmd and choose to Run as Administrator. Wait for the process to finish, close the window, and restart your PC so that changes are applied.

here

It works.:)
I've never been one that concerned himself with uninstalling, disabling or otherwise stopping the various bits and bobs, services or processes that are part of the integrated components of the Operating System.
All I want is to turn on the computer and do what I want or need to do with a minimum amount of annoyance, using the programs of my choosing.
If MS wants to include, what they feel are useful features and functions into their OS, it's perfectly OK with me and if they are not annoying, then all the better, but....
When they start to infringe into areas that are simple, only to make them more complicated unnecessarily, that's when I look for solutions from third parties.

AND you can bet that as soon as I find the registry key that put that Edge icon in the tab bar of Internet Explorer, it's history.

Already posted to the feedback hub and sent them a "frown" from within I.E. which I assume goes either to the same feedback hub or maybe into the worlds largest cylindrical file.
Exactly my sentiments as well.

He has links to the esd file over on Winaero. I downloaded it & created the iso file, but after reading all the issues with this build, I'm going to defer until it's released to the slow ring. MS may decide to never release it to the slow ring.

Reaction score
He has links to the esd file over on Winaero. I downloaded it & created the iso file, but after reading all the issues with this build, I'm going to defer until it's released to the slow ring. MS may decide to never release it to the slow ring.
Good Idea. I am done with TP build.

Reaction score
I thought I may have solved my problems--wrong Builds 15002-15007 are plain garbage. This used to be fun, now it is a PITA!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
now it is a PITA!
I thought.....
That was made it "fun" :)
Seriously though, when you look at "Known Issues" for both 15002 and 15007 there is still a lot of issues.
They have another "Bug Bash" scheduled, so I suppose they'll be addressing these and other issues during the course of that event, with a new build following shortly there-after.
Our second Bug Bash for the Windows 10 Creators Update is planned for Friday February 3rd through Sunday February 12th.
and for this one, we’ve extended it to cover two weekends to give our Insiders more opportunity to provide us feedback.
So I guess, we'll see if we get an interim build in the mean time or IF we have to wait another month to see what the "Bug Bash" produces.

Reaction score
I thought.....
That was made it "fun" :)
Seriously though, when you look at "Known Issues" for both 15002 and 15007 there is still a lot of issues.
They have another "Bug Bash" scheduled, so I suppose they'll be addressing these and other issues during the course of that event, with a new build following shortly there-after.

So I guess, we'll see if we get an interim build in the mean time or IF we have to wait another month to see what the "Bug Bash" produces.
So does that mean no new builds till after that... Well I am back on 15007 and so far all is OK. My programs work..

Ask a Question