2nd crash since install of windows 10

jdg

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on but I am on my second crash since updating from 8.1 to 10 and it always seems to happen after an update is done to 10. Typically I start getting a slow response when trying to open settings, opening my wifi to connect and start getting an error message that the computer could not connect to a client server before the crashes happen and it takes about a week then something goes wrong. The first crash happened after windows 10 could not do an update and it kept telling me it was failing to install and I found a fix on-line to correct this which worked for awhile and then all the stuff that starts telling me there is going to be an issue starts again and I had to do a re-install of 10. This time around everything started slowing down again after an update and sure enough about a week later an update happened and I needed to restart the computer and went into the never ending repair loop and had to reset the computer and again lost all the apps and programs I had loaded as they did not come with the machine. Luckily all my files were all in place and I had good back ups. This is getting real trying as I really don't have the time to spend a day reloading everything each time this crashes. This time I ran a full diagnostics on the computer hardware before resetting windows 10 and there are no hardware issues on the computer. The unit is a dell 1575 that is just over a year old has more than enough memory and hard drive as I upgraded the entire machine at purchase. I have used 8 and 8.1 without issue on this and another computer and have never had a crash and my other dell is 3 years old and runs fine on it (8.1). This new computer ran fine for 8+ months on windows 8.1 but now that 10 has been in it there have been 2 crashes in a few months and I am seriously considering going back to 8.1 if it does it again. I have had conversations with a number of people who have been having issues with 10 and an IT director who will not load it on his units because he does not feel it is reliable right now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
an IT director who will not load it on his units because he does not feel it is reliable right now.
I certainly wouldn't argue with that.
I've personally had no issues myself, but....
This forum and the many posts here might suggest that there is merit to such a remark.
I am seriously considering going back to 8.1 if it does it again
That seems like a plan. I wouldn't put up with such problems either, however......
I would probably first go to the Dell Support website and plugin my service tag number and see what they had in the way of drivers for Windows 10.
I would also consider talking with someone at Dell to see if they had any suggestions as to what might be going on with your system and how you might solve the issue(s).

Bottom line..... you need a computer that works. If that means going back to Windows 8.1, I certainly wouldn't hesitate.

Ask a Question