4Gb RAM Installation

Reaction score
Hi,
Having Installed an additional 4Gb of RAM, being, "RAMAXEL PC4 RMSA3230KE68H9F-2133" but isn't recognised when I use "HWINFO64" or "SPECCY" !!!!

The only RAM recognised is the one attached to the Motherboard.

Installed a differant identical 4Gb of RAM with the same result as previously, being not recognized !!!!
Any assistance in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you, John P.

Attachments

• Screenshot A.png
    Screenshot A.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Screenshot D.png
    Screenshot D.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot B.png
    Screenshot B.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Screenshot C.png
    Screenshot C.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 262
Reaction score
Hi John,

are you using a 32 bit version of Win 10?, if you are, that would explain why you are only showing 4GB RAM!.

What version of Win 10 are you using?:

Reaction score
As far as I am aware WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bit

Attachments

• Screenshot E.png
    Screenshot E.png
    437 KB · Views: 310
Reaction score
It is 64bit, it tells you in the pic you posted last!.

Have you tried removing one stick of RAM and see if it works, then remove that stick and replace it with the one you took out!.

If you have 4 RAM slots, the sticks would most likely be in slots 1 & 3 but check your motherboard manual for the exact layout of the RAM sticks, if you have them in slots 1 & 2, that may be the reason?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
My Laptop, being a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15isk has a 4Gb stick soldered to the motherboard and 1available slot to enable the RAM to be increased (upto a maximum total of 12Gb, as recommended bt Lenovo).
I initially installed 4Gb RAM into the available slot and achieved the result as previously stated.
I then removed the stick and replaced with a second identical 4Gb RAM with the same result again.
The two "Ramaxel Sticks" I tried have the same Part number as the RAMAXEL "stick" soldered to the motherboard !!!!
Regards, John P.

Reaction score
I looked up the Lenovo on a couple of review sites and apparently it came with 6GB, a 2GB in the removable socket/slot. Did you get the same and does the 2GB still work?

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
No, This is not my Laptop Specification !!!!!
My Laptop specification is on "Screenshot E"
It came only with the 4Gb Ram soldered to the motherboard
The product number being :- 80SM01MAUK
Processor being :- ( Intel(R) Core (TM) i3 6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz )
Regards, John P.

Reaction score
Hi John,

okay, the laptop you have varies from region to region, did you try wiping the pins (contacts) and resetting the RAM stick?. :)

Reaction score
Hi John,

okay, the laptop you have varies from region to region, did you try wiping the pins (contacts) and resetting the RAM stick?. :)
Hi Wolfie,
Cleaned the pins/ contacts as best I could, but I couldn't reset either of the 4Gb RAM sticks because they are not recognised by the Laptop !!!!
Regards, John P.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
Looked at the BIOS and it only shows 4Gb RAM (The stick attached to the motherboard?)
Regards, John P.

Reaction score
Hi John,

the only thing I can think of is that the new RAM might have a slightly different number and it is a simple mismatch, double check the numbers against the one on the MB please. Apart from that, I am out of ideas!. :(

Reaction score
I can see from you picture you are running in single channel mode? Should be in duel channel mode. The computer normally takes care of this automatically, so my only suggestion woulld be a faulty ram socket

Reaction score
Hi John,

another thought, if you can access the MB battery without too much fuss, shut the laptop down, remove the laptop battery and then take out the CMOS battery and leave it for 10 minutes, put the batteries back in (CMOS first) and then restart, clearing the settings on the MB might do the trick?. ;)

Reaction score
I can see from you picture you are running in single channel mode? Should be in duel channel mode. The computer normally takes care of this automatically, so my only suggestion woulld be a faulty ram socket

Hi Dave, I contacted "Lenovo Support" via "chat", who initially said that my Laptop didn't have an additional RAM slot according to the specification sheet which he was looking at !!!!, and mine was no longer original specification so he couldn't help !!!!
Upon which, I asked him for a contact e-mail address, so that I could send a photograph of the Laptop showing the RAM slot.

I received a reply when I queried your comment of it should be "dual channel" as opposed to "single channel" and the possibility of a faulty RAM slot being:-

"Hey John,
Indeed, what you're telling me does make sense.
At this point you can try booking your device in for a repair, but I doubt it'll do anything grandiose. With all the things that are going on in China right now, we've been having a lot of issues regarding part shortages and whatnot.
Since it does seem like you know your way around a machine you might want to get this fixed yourself or by a third party as if you send your device for a repair it might stay at our repair depot for an undefined amount of time.
If you do wish to book it though, that's fine and I will do the necessary if that is what you'd like.
Kind Regards
Nelson"
So Dave, would you have any idea how much it would cost to be repaired by a "third Party"
Regards,
John P.

Reaction score
Don't rule out that the ram stick could be faulty. I've had to return faulty ram before. There really isn't any way to check it, since the bios doesn't see it.
There is a bios update for your laptop, but it's unclear what that fixes.

Reaction score
When I come across a computer with a 4GB RAM Module I put in a 2GB or a 4GB [correct for the make and model] in an empty slot then in the BIOS assure it's set for Dual-Channel [sometimes automatic sometimes not], two modules are required to get it.

Ask a Question