Access Denied To A Local Printer On Network After Update

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rusty Monk, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:55 PM.

1. Rusty Monk

Rusty Monk

Hi there, I'm hoping there is someone here that could help me.

We run five Windows 10 computers on our network, a few recent updates to windows has one by one knocked off the computers from showing in the Network view, and now only the "Server" (as we use this to host our accounting software's data, and the others read from it) is visible. This is with network settings set to visible and shared folders enabled on all computers. We are still able to gather data from the server as long as we key in the network address of the host to our software, and we can still find printers by inputting their network address.

However the last update has now denied 3 of our computers from using a dot-matrix printer on one of the "client" computers. When we try to print it simply comes up with "Access Denied", and the same error appears when we try to access the printers properties from those 3 computers.

So i have 2 questions:

1) How do i go about making the "client" machines reappear in the Network tab?

2) How do i rectify the "Access Denied" error and enable the 3 computers to be able to print from the dot-matrix printer again?

Thank you to anyone who attempts to help.

Rusty Monk, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:55 PM
    1. Advertisements

2. Rusty Monk

Ben Myers

Press the Windows and "R" keys on the problem computers, type "services.msc" into the "Run" box, and click "OK". When the Services applet starts, scroll down to "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication" and make sure they are running. If not, double-click them, change their startup type to "Automatic(Delayed Start)" and click "OK". Then restart the computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Jul 12, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question