Ads by Google

Reaction score
Lately each and every website I visit has Ads by Google which take away from the site. I click the X and more appear. Many times someone sends me a link and I close it out. So fed up with this and cannot find a way to stop it - HELP!

Reaction score
I use uBlock Origin to block ads. Installing it depends on what browser you use. If you're using the legacy version of Edge, you can get it right from the Microsoft Store. Just type uBlock Origin in the search and click install. If you use a different browser, one of us can walk you through the process I'm sure.

Reaction score
Hi Renegade,

further to BigFeet's comments, what AV app are you using?. :)

Reaction score
AdBlock for Chrome is an ad-blocking browser extension, which means it removes ads from Chrome and provides protection from third-party trackers. In fact, with over 60 million users, AdBlock is the most widely trusted ad blocking extension for Chrome available today.

I use this and it is one of the best in the market.

Reaction score
Thank you. I think it got downloaded after unblocking it in Chrome. As an aside, I use F.B. Purity v30.6.0 for
Facebook to stop all the annoying crap they put on including people you may know and all the ads. Facebook hates it and blocks anyone recommending it but there's always a way around it...
Just went to Snopes which is inundated with Ads by Google - all gone;-) Okay, there are blank boxes with the heading Advertising but none exist...

Reaction score
Oops - forgot to ask: Near the bottom it says
Windows 10 Forums would like your permission to enable push notifications.
I have no idea what that is as I live in the past along with Edlin, the line editor and making batch files...

Reaction score
I use FB Purity too. I have for quite awhile. Facebook is a little too intrusive with their ads and suggested posts. As far as push notifications, I'm not sure what notifications the forum sends. Probably if sends a pop up notification if a thread you post in is answered or responded to. An admin probably can tell you better. I generally don't accept push notifications from any site.

Reaction score
Have you checked that any more extensions have been installed in your browser(s) that may also account for your pop-ups?. :)

Disable any extensions you don't use!. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you checked that any more extensions have been installed in your browser(s) that may also account for your pop-ups?. :)

Disable any extensions you don't use!. ;)
.Thank you - just checked and there only two: Adblock Plus and F.B Purity

Reaction score
Try disabling one of the two and see which one works better (if at all). Use one of them for a short period and see how it goes, then try the other. :)

Reaction score
Try disabling one of the two and see which one works better (if at all). Use one of them for a short period and see how it goes, then try the other. :)
They do different things. Completely different things.

Reaction score
No problem. A lot of people get confused about what FB Purity does. It actually is a very powerful tool with many options. But works only with the web version of facebook.

@Renegade I really recommend using uBlock Origin over AdBlock Plus. It used to be the go to ad blocker, but they now allow certain "acceptable" ads through. I'm sure google ads are one of those.

Reaction score
Hi Renegade,

further to BigFeet's comments, have you considered using a different web browser as I use Edge/FireFox and don't have any ads popping up randomly!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Renegade,

further to BigFeet's comments, have you considered using a different web browser as I use Edge/FireFox and don't have any ads popping up randomly!. :)
Edge has all the Ads by Google in the websites...

Ask a Question