SOLVED ALERT! firefox has disabled/removed all my addons

Reaction score
i dont know why or how. but when i go to addons store, everyone of the addons i used to use are now incompatible or whatever. whats going on here? i primarily use this browser when i play online gaming sites.

btw, the browser is a portable version.

Reaction score
Same here. Adblock plus, user agent switcher and my tabmix plus have been disabled. Mozilla is working on a hotfix that will be installed in the background later on. it only seems to affect the latest versions. I have reinstalled older versions of the addons and they work just fine. Right now I even have disabled automatic updates of the addons....
(BTW: I am using FF 56 as it is the last version where my addons still work)

Reaction score
One thing to try, and this worked for me. In firefox, go to options, then privacy and security. Where it says Firefox Data Collection and Use, uncheck Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data to mozilla. Exit and restart the browser. Go in to options and re check that option (make sure the 2 check boxes under it are also checked), then exit and restart the browser again. You should be able to download and install addons again.

Note that I uninstalled all my addons last night when this happed, so I don't know if they'll just start working again, or if you'll have to reinstall the addons.

Reaction score
Quantum 66.0.3 on my Manjaro Linux laptop works fine with no issues either, which is odd that I had the issue on Windows, since that's the same version.

Reaction score
thx big feet bro. my addons are restored.:p -that gave me a shock when without one minute the addons were there on the toolbar and the next minute, gone. let us pray this event wont be repeated on the other browsers.

Reaction score
only issue is that the most recent versions of my addons are all marked as corrupt although I have used them for a long time. The workarounds that are out did not work for me. I have now older versions of my addons installed with the auto update disabled and so far it works. BTW: the hotfix did not work for my version of FF.

Reaction score
Yeah, the fix didn't work for everyone. I got lucky it worked on my three PC's. There another "fix", but it's extreme and I would hesitate to post it. I certainly wouldn't do it.

Reaction score
On Friday night as the clocks struck midnight, users of Mozilla's Firefox browser discovered that any add-ons they had installed no longer worked. Mozilla have ascertained that an expired security certificate is to blame and a hotfix is being deployed now.
<snip>
As of writing, the behind-the-scenes hotfix should be working so no updates will be needed on users' side.

I was going to ask if the new update 66.0.4 was still effected. But since reading the article listed above there is no need.

Ask a Question