Nuisance Alert

Reaction score
Nuisance Alert.PNG

Does anyone know what this is or why it pops up? I can click yes or no and it won't go away.
Whatever the alert function is that brings this on I'd like to disable it.

Reaction score
It is another pain to protect us, if the site is safe and you have been there before click yes. But if it is a new site how are you to know??

Reaction score
I can click yes or no and it won't go away
There's the problem. Even clicking view certificate lets it pop back up. It just won't go away. I'd like to know how to disable it.
I've been to Action Center under security and changed settings there but no help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Wasn't Yahoo a target for hackers recently? I would recommend clearing all your browser cookies, cache, history. If the problem remains I would be changing browsers.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Pretty sure Yahoo discontinued their browser Axis years ago.

So what actual browser are you using?

I assume you meant you are visiting Yahoo website when you get the Certificate alert.

You may be able to remove the credential for Yahoo by running Credential Manager then as Norton said, clear the browser cache and cookies.

Theoretically, then when you return to us.yahoo.com or whichever Yahoo site you are logging into, a new certificate will be issued when you sign-in.

If this issue persists elsewhere too, then I'd be checking that date/time settings on the computer are accurate.

Reaction score
I remember a discussion here about browsers which turned into the difference between tissues and Kleenex.

Since I do not fully understand browsers versus search engines what I log into is Yahoo.com. And speaking of credentials manager I recently entered Yahoo.com into that. Might this be the source of the credentials alert?

I recently had Firefox on my desktop but then deleted it. Maybe i'll give that another go.

Reaction score
I remember a discussion here about browsers which turned into the difference between tissues and Kleenex.

Since I do not fully understand browsers versus search engines what I log into is Yahoo.com. And speaking of credentials manager I recently entered Yahoo.com into that. Might this be the source of the credentials alert?

I recently had Firefox on my desktop but then deleted it. Maybe i'll give that another go.

Give this version of Fire Fox for Yahoo a whirl, nothing to loose.
https://downloads.yahoo.com/firefox/

You could also attempt a Restore to an earlier time

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question