SOLVED All Wi-Fis in range are checked for "Connect Automatically" & I can't uncheck them.

Reaction score
I see more than a dozen in my area and all have the checkmark but nothing is preventing me connecting to my Wireless Router. When I boot the Notebooks they autoconnect if they were connected when shut down or put to sleep.

Maybe this page will help:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Quinco,

also, if you click on the WiFi icon in the bottom panel and then on an available connection, select the one you want to deactivate by taking out the tick in the box "Connect automatically". You have to physically click on the connection to deactivate the tick in the box. That should do the trick if you only want to deactivate a few!. :)

See pics below.
1598425893125.png

1598425997461.png

Reaction score
I see more than a dozen in my area and all have the checkmark but nothing is preventing me connecting to my Wireless Router. When I boot the Notebooks they autoconnect if they were connected when shut down or put to sleep.

Maybe this page will help:

I can untick them, but as soon as I look again, the tick has reappeared. Also, doing a reboot after connecting, the connection is reestablished, but doing a shutdown (cold boot) it does not reconnect, it has to be done manually. These ticks reappearing never used to. They do the same on my Toshiba but the aut connect still works, it only has an issue on my Dell..

Reaction score
Hi Quinco,

also, if you click on the WiFi icon in the bottom panel and then on an available connection, select the one you want to deactivate by taking out the tick in the box "Connect automatically". You have to physically click on the connection to deactivate the tick in the box. That should do the trick if you only want to deactivate a few!. :)

See pics below.
View attachment 12362

View attachment 12363

I can untick them, but as soon as I look again, the tick has reappeared. Also, doing a reboot after connecting, the connection is reestablished, but doing a shutdown (cold boot) it does not reconnect, it has to be done manually. These ticks reappearing never used to. They do the same on my Toshiba but the auto connect still works, it only has an issue on my Dell..

Reaction score
Are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :)

Reaction score
Are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :)

Running build 1909

Reaction score
That 1909 is the Version number
Running build 1909
That 1909 is the Version number, 19 for the year and 09 for the month of release. Press the Windows key + R and type winver, press enter.
This is my current:
1598445423688.png

Reaction score
I have it on 2 Desktops for a couple weeks now, working pretty good.
have they solved the Defrag issue? the one were SSD get defragged since windows do not know the last time they were defragged including SSD's

Reaction score
Don't know
have they solved the Defrag issue? the one were SSD get defragged since windows do not know the last time they were defragged including SSD's
Don't know, have SSDs only in a few Intel Notebooks, 2 with Win10 Pro [128GB, 256GB] and 1 with Linux Mint 20 [32GB]. Manually running Optimize seems to work but checking later shows never run so really don't know if it is a problem or only a display of results issue, doesn't appear to cause a performance issue.

Reaction score
Don't know

Don't know, have SSDs only in a few Intel Notebooks, 2 with Win10 Pro [128GB, 256GB] and 1 with Linux Mint 20 [32GB]. Manually running Optimize seems to work but checking later shows never run so really don't know if it is a problem or only a display of results issue, doesn't appear to cause a performance issue.
Yep, that's the issue, waiting on them to fix that one before i upgrade. I'm running SSD's in all my machines

Reaction score
2004 has yet to come to AMD platforms..
It has. The only platform that was on hold was systems with older nvidia graphics cards running legacy drivers. They fixed that end of July. My AMD Athlon II x4 with Radeon HD 3000 onboard graphics updated about a month ago. And it wanted to earlier, but I had put it off 60 days.
I usually don't recommend just upgrading to fix an issue, but it may be worth a try. You can manually do it.

Reaction score
Before you continue, I would advise you to upgrade to version 2004 first and then get back to everyone. Link is posted above on how to upgrade. :)
Used the windows Upgrade Assistant to get there, now it auto connects again. All good.

Ask a Question