SOLVED Anniversary Update installed.. already see problems.

Reaction score
I have only had the update running for a few minutes but I already see things I may not like. For now, it is the Start screen. I don't like all the other apps showing and if I remember, folks complained about putting the power button next to the start button...

Time may change my mind so for now exploring I will go... ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interesting Clark....
The one thing I actually like about the new Start Menu is not having to keep clicking "All Apps" to see the list.
I guess that everyone is going to have their own subjective likes and dislikes.

Reaction score
I suppose I had mine set up where I did not need to use the all apps button very often, so now it is just clutter.

Also when you expand that part it extends a black screen across that app listing. Too bad they did not move the tiles section back to line up with the icons on the left, it would have been much cleaner.

I do see a right click option to scan with Defender... I remember you, I believe, had mentioned the problem with the Defender icon in the hidden icons area before.

Reaction score
I see a little note in the blog that says 'newer machines will be done first'. Our only really new machine has just completed successfully...but... why do frigging Microsoft insist on uninstalling the old W7/8 solitaire games whenever they do a major update. Fortunately I have the download from Winaero on a usb drive just for the eventuality.

Reaction score
Ve rebooted waiting to install I've been stuck on spinning dot circle for 3hrs
Depending on your system configuration, available space on storage areas and amount to personal data it might take quite a while to complete.

If you have the spinning dots then the system was able to prepare the install prior to rebooting? What Percentage is it showing and is that changing? If you have a hard drive activity light is it blinking in a repeating sequence or randomly?

Reaction score
I forced it to download, it completed asked to reboot in 30 min or manually reboot Used space 200gb of 1tbhdd non ssd 16gb ram 3ghz completed configuring updates then rebooted and then stuck on spinning circled dots

Reaction score
Knowing what percentage it is stuck on may help. Such percentages as 99% seem to be very common.

Reaction score
If you are not currently seeing a percentage then possibly it is trying to reboot. First I would disconnect any external devices and see if it continues. But otherwise, what options do you have?

I suppose you could reset the system to force it to reboot but that may end up causing more problems. So I suppose the decision as to when and how to proceed will be, of course, your decision. I don't know of any other steps in your current situation which might help.

Ask a Question