Annoying pop-up

Eli

Reaction score
Hi,
At some point I must have lent my laptop to someone who signed into their prodigy account. I personally don't have a prodigy account. Recently, the toolbar at the bottom right of my screen constantly pops up saying "your prodigy account settings are out of date". I don't even want to have a prodigy account, so I dismiss it, but it keeps on popping up. Finally I decided to just click on "fix account" but I was then asked to put in a prodigy password to an account that isn't mine. Does anyone know how I could stop the pop up?
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked Control Panel Programs and Features to see if there is an installed program called Prodigy?

Eli

Reaction score
I just checked the Control Panel Programs and Features and there was no program called prodigy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the task bar and choose Task Manager, Select the Startup tab and see if you can spot it there.

Bif

Reaction score
Try simply typing Prodigy into the search and see what if anything shows up..might help steer you to the file location.
Is this from an online game account?..if so there is a contact for removal and deleting this online..simply type in uninstalling prodigy account.

Eli

Reaction score
I couldn't find it under task manager, but I right clicked the toolbar and then clicked on "customize notification icons" and turned off the notifications for my mail app. Hopefully that'll work. Thanks for the help

Ask a Question