SOLVED ask.com with windows 10

Reaction score
does anyone know how to remove ask.com from windows 10, inadvertently installed with other software

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does it show up in
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
As a program in the list so you can uninstall it using the conventional method?

Reaction score
Hi Trouble:
In Windows 10, how do you display "Control Panel"?
I select the windows flag (lower left corner), then select "settings", then select "system".
I then select "Apps & features", which displays various programs available.
There is nothing on this list that even vaguely resembles "ask"
Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Reaction score
Let me butt in with this. Trouble is referring to "Programs and Features". That is seen in Control Panel but you can also see it after a right click to the Windows logo (lower left). It is the first item all the way at the top of the list. Control panel is also on that list.
Click on the upper left corner of the list to scroll up to the top.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the info. I'm still new to windows 10, and I'm still learning.
Unfortunately, there were no programs/apps listed for "ask".

Reaction score
It's most likely in your browser plugins. A lot of "free" software piggybacks the ask.com plugin.

Reaction score
Ran the ADWcleaner (free software) which seems to have removed "ASK". Thanks to all for these suggestions. Interesting comment: ADWcleaner has a limited lifetime, and seems to disable itself after 10 minutes, but the fix es had been processed, and seem to work.
Thanks again.
ARJAY1943

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
ADWcleaner, like many other similar products gets updated very frequently (practically daily). Typically, after I run it and it reboots my system, I then run it again and click the uninstall button to remove it and clean up the quarantine files.

Ask a Question