Bad system config info

Reaction score
Hi.
Asus E403S
Windows 10 17134.rs4_release.180410-1804. No built in CD player.
My guess is that it's a 32 bit
Won't start and automatic repair does not work.
Can I boot/repair it from a USB?
If so what's the procedure? Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, you can use a bootable USB drive to boot in to the Windows 10 installer. Please visit this URL and click the "download tool now" button to begin the process:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

You can select to download both the 32 and 64 bit versions at the same time.

What happens when you try to boot Windows normally? Do you get an error of some sort?

Reaction score
Thanks. I have already tried this to no avail.
I even tried to change the settings so that is reboots from the USB. But th files on the USB are not recognised.
I'll go through it again and document it.

Attachments

• 20190424_121051_.jpg
    20190424_121051_.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 569
Reaction score
When I have to deal with cases such as yours I use the MCT/Media Creation Tool to both download the .iso used to create DVD discs and the Bootable USB drive. As mentioned you can get only the x86 or x64 version or both at the same time. The .iso version will require the 8GB DVD+R/DL [Dual Layer] disc and I use 16GB USB drives for Microsoft to properly create the bootable drive but anything on the drive will be lost during the reformatting of it. An 8GB Thumb drive won't usually hold a full 8GB after being formatted, mine have all come factory-formatted as FAT32.

Reaction score
Thanks. I have already tried this to no avail.
I even tried to change the settings so that is reboots from the USB. But th files on the USB are not recognised.
I'll go through it again and document it.

Copying the files to a USB stick does not make it bootable. As mentioned by another poster, try downloading and running the Media Creation tool on the computer you are using now.

Ben

Reaction score
Actually one can run the MCT on any computer, just have to make a choice about creating to use on a different computer [it's the only way that fits my needs]. I haven't tested the MCT on a Linux computer yet.

Ask a Question