SOLVED Battery plugged in charging at 0%

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm having a trouble with my Acer 5733 battery. All along it was working well, the trouble started just after finishing to install the Anniversary Update. The battery does not increase percentage when plugged in it remains at 0%. I've tried a few suggestions to solve the problem but to no avail. I've unplugged and pressed the power button for few seconds to reset battery but no success. I've uninstalled the Microsoft component in Device Manager also didn't provide solution. Anyone with help will be appreciated.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Negonsie,

Unplug your charger from the wall socket and the cable from your computer that connects to charger.

Remove the battery from computer.

Press and hold your power button in for 30 seconds - this will allow for a static discharge.

Replace battery.

Plug charger back in to computer and wall socket and turn on.

See if anything improves and report back.

Reaction score
Hi Negonsie,

Unplug your charger from the wall socket and the cable from your computer that connects to charger.

Remove the battery from computer.

Press and hold your power button in for 30 seconds - this will allow for a static discharge.

Replace battery.

Plug charger back in to computer and wall socket and turn on.

See if anything improves and report back.

Hello Regedit32

I've tried this, when I switch on the machine it indicates charging but for less than a minute then it stops.

Reaction score
The battery and/or its charger are the 2 most likely causes. A process of elimination by using the substitution method is the quickest way to fault-find. A shop selling PCs may be able to help. Take all bits with you.

Reaction score
The battery and/or its charger are the 2 most likely causes. A process of elimination by using the substitution method is the quickest way to fault-find. A shop selling PCs may be able to help. Take all bits with you.

Thanks, I'll do as you suggest.

Ask a Question