SOLVED Bit Locker Love it or Loose it

Reaction score
Windows 10 Pro comes with Bit Locker drive encryption. I'm interested in any comments, likes/dislikes.
Question:
If Bit Locker is enabled, do you have to enter your password and encryption key to log IN?.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've always be super wary of anything that bitlocks given in the past these have always tied into %userprofile% data. From past experience on forums a common theme has been the disappointment when the User profile has corrupted and suddenly that bitlocker key no longer works when one is forced to create a new User Profile.

All that effort to protect your files now included protected from you accessing them too!

Reaction score
Regedit Thanks for your valued opinion.
"What If " That's exactly what I was thinking but didn't know enough on the subject. Corrupt PC files are not uncommon. We don't need that kind of self inflicted grief, MS is currently giving more than some folks can handle. Loosing the key or a corrupt profile is kinda like loosing losing your passport, bank card and all proof of your identity.

And besides, I don't like the idea of sleeping or showering with an encryption key USB stick hanging around my neck. That would be like soap on a rope. LOL

Thanks you guys for your input, you all confirmed my biggest fear of using the program.

Ask a Question